WARNING TO anybody who has had kitchen and bathroom fitted

annb3811

its only a two minute job to put it back down ,is it worth the 3 month wait for the council to sort it ,or the contractors?

I thought she meant she was going to speak to them about the fact they have done it, then maybe their employers could tell them going forward. The last thing they want is a huge claim on their hands from discgruntled tenants who are claiming their bills were up due to the council not putting things back where they originally found them? Or maybe I just got the wrong end of the stick?

Unfortunately, I can't go up there and do it myself, but I did re-paint my kitchen walls and ceiling after the kitchen was flooded. Oh and I did find the source of the leak they caused after 3 different plumbers had supposedly fixed it.

I also re-laid my daughters bedroom carpet after it was left in a dangerous condition.

So dig away all you want, cus I haven't rung them because I can't be bothered to do it myself it's because I cant.

damn you jane, youve just spoiled my theory of you having one arm , allergic to D.I.Y. and scared of hieghts.:hihi:

It is the point actually because this shoddy workmanship is nearly always on council property because it's done on the cheap as the rents are too low. Whilst it's a good idea to suggest other people check theirs too, why can't tenants go up and put it back down themself and save some heat?

Guilty of the said offence!!!! I've done it and I'm not a council workman..lol Put new bath in, disconnected shower but had to shift loft lagging to get to pipes....and forgot all about putting it back.

Bloody hell it's cold in the back room, even with heating on full blast..then I remembered! Silly cah!!! Two sec job to put it back, like you said:hihi:

Old un's won't realise though, so if you have an elderly relative, neighbour, do them a favour and check for them, kindness cost's nowt!

Thanks, it was more of a dig at Jane2008 regarding calling the council.
What's up with you? Why do you feel the need to have a dig at someone? Just because you happen to be relatively young and able-bodied, doesn't mean everyone is.

At the moment, for example, I've had a dislocated knee and can't get up a ladder to take a look in the loft. And imo, the council who are paying our money for this work, need to know that they aren't finishing the job off properly so they can make sure that it doesn't happen to anyone else.It could be some little oap who needs to watch every penny and cant afford to pay extra for wasted heating.

i was lucky , the workmen we had were 1st class

I wish ours were, since we had the work done, we've have to have 2 carpets replaced, a gas leak, faulty wiring in the kitchen, about 8 earthing wires left exposed and not connected in the bath room. the list goes on!

I wish ours were, since we had the work done, we've have to have 2 carpets replaced, a gas leak, faulty wiring in the kitchen, about 8 earthing wires left exposed and not connected in the bath room. the list goes on!

touch wood ,weve not had any problems to date:thumbsup: