Lone Parents to be forced into work...

Just a thought, if unemployment figures are up by 30%.....what jobs are these lone parents going to do?

There are jobs out there.Many of them.It is just that one one wants to do them as a lot are at minimum wage and our system encourages people to stay at home as they arent much better off.

As humans , we are designed to work.We are not designed(either mentally or physically) to sit around and not work.It isnt good for our health.

If a young parent gets to college/uni and gets some qualifications whilst the children are in school, there is no reason why parents of 12 year olds should not work.

Kill several birds with one stone.

Send them back to work; get them paying taxes; we won't need so many immigrants to keep the economy going.

But you're forgetting that immigrants only do the jobs that nobody else wants to do. :D

Is there any mechanism to force an immigrant to quit his job and go home if one of our own unemployed wants the job after all ?

But you're forgetting that immigrants only do the jobs that nobody else wants to do. :D

Is there any mechanism to force an immigrant to quit his job and go home if one of our own unemployed wants the job after all ?

Nobody wants to do them because the goverment pay them as much to stay home,benefits should not be a way of life it should be a lst resort and just enough to survive should be paid over a short period.Also its not picking just on lone parents it also and quite rightly targets long term unemployment.

I have been made redundent twice in the last 3 months and not claimed 1 penny in benefits,1/don't want to and 2/wouldn't know where to start,if you wnt/need to work there is work.

Sh&&, what next? maybe they will insist that the 12 yr old get a job. Or maybe both parents, or no child benifiet for high earners.

They can't have it both ways, Parents out at work and the streets free of youths causing hassle and ruining peoples lives. And no i am not saying that all kids whose parents work are out on the street, but a lot of them are. All this "blame the parents" "where are their parents" It's no wonder there is no such thing as "family" any more.

I think the quicker we vote out this gang of tossers that are in gov the better off this country (and at least one other) will be.

In my opinion the most of the kids causing problems on the streets belongs to parents who don't work.

so one way to get rid of naughty kids and anti social behaviour is to force lone parents to work instead of "parenting" and nurturing, way to go government :loopy:

it means even less kids will have their parents contact

In my opinion the most of the kids causing problems on the streets belongs to parents who don't work.

That's a very biased opinion, there's no evidence to support your claim.

i believe that parents should not be allowed to use there children to get more money and as an excuse not to work i am a single parent and my children aged 11 and 10 and in their lifetime i never not worked, am now at uni on a full time course in health which included doing placement sets that include doing 37.5 hours and study if any thing it teaches children that in life if you want anything you have to work for it and time spent when them is quality time and not quantity time

i believe that parents should not be allowed to use there children to get more money and as an excuse not to work i am a single parent and my children aged 11 and 10 and in their lifetime i never not worked, am now at uni on a full time course in health which included doing placement sets that include doing 37.5 hours and study if any thing it teaches children that in life if you want anything you have to work for it and time spent when them is quality time and not quantity time

thats good for you...........but everybodys different, the word i object to is "forced"

if you want to go out to work and interact with your kids less then thats goo, but like i said everybodys different.

whether it be finances, family, where they live, job they do, hours they can do etc

i just dont see as theyre supposed to be cracking down on "anti social behaviour" you take away the most immediate authority, care and role models from more and more kids to achieve this.

seems completely stupid to me

well not been funny but i really have been forced to leave my children though out their life and ok some people need to stay at home but thare are jobs in school hours, but failing that how many parent drop there children off and either go shopping or go home to watch tv and wait for their children to come home and i am not saying every one is same but at what age will these parent look after they children to with every tax payer forking out for their bills at the end of the day.

not all children are the same and i dont believe that parents with children that dont work hang about on street corners regardless of class or social standing children can be social problems

at the end of the day most people feel forced to go to work to and fit everything in regardless of having children or not but why should in the benefit system should parents with 12 year old children be treated any different to anyone else

this subject is a hard one and many pros and cons each person having a view but should parents be continued to be supported by benefits system till that child is 17

as is the age children will attend school in the future

and just a though how many of these parent go into the school and assist with the teachers, i am sure all schools as mine does has parents who do assist and help on fund raising groups oh yes i do that to

Those with the best skills will get the best jobs, hopefully. This will strengthen the companies that they join.

And where will the single mums get these skills?

The current education system is more about hiding stats, that creating skills

To be honest though, I think most 12 year olds would love their parents to be out of the house, when they come home from school.

Imagine a 12 year old boy...... music on full blast, sneaky look at "Big Jugs" channel on Satelite etc....