The Sheffield Doc Fest Crowd

Carborundum

• 2 weeks later...
how marvellous that Sheffield attracts such God like creatures every year for their international festival but then I started tpo wonder do these creatures who make a brief show for one weekend like some beautiful exotic mayflies ever wander much outside the area of the Showroom and rail station.

..What do you mean, Carbs, as you well know, some of the above, such as me, you, and quite a few others I know do live in Sheffield :hihi:

• 1 year later...

I know it's a good thing that Sheffield has leading cultural events, but is there a reason why the people involved in the Doc Fest are so unbelievably snooty?

I work near showroom and decided to pop in in my lunch break to get a programme to see what all the fuss is about, the girl behind the desk ignored me flatly for five minutes before she finally got around to giving me a programme which she did with a kind of scowl on her face. Was this to make me feel small or what. The people sitting around looked unbelievably remote and detached as though they were elevated far above all normal human life.

I don't think I will bother seeing any of the movies after all.

I mean, come on it's just a film festival, not a goddamn meeting of the united nations or something.

I couldn't disagree more. Was this from the Showroom Box Office? After spending 5 days of my life there, I can say that everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Got to admit that the first I knew about the Doc Fest was when itwas mentioned on the radio that it had just ended. There was no mention of any of the Documentaries just about how many millions the festival had put into the local economy.

Does that now mean that we won't go to fortnightly bin collections, the Dumpit sites can go back to seven day opening or has all this money just gone to the pubs restauarants etc?