What to do tomorrow on a third date

Afternoon all - hope you are all enjoying yer choccies!!!

Now then, push the empty easter egg boxes to one side for a moment, wipe the chocolate off your mouths and ponder this predicament.

I have a male friend (lovely guy by the way) who is taking a lady out tomorrow (Easter Monday) for the day. It will be the third time they have been out and he senses she is keen, although as far as I know they have yet to swop spit (sniggers).

Now our man in question had pondered on a drive out into the lovely Derbyshire countryside for a picnic but looking at the weather report this suggests only the promise of damp bottoms and runny noses and not the Flake-advert cornfield bathed in sunshine he had probably envisaged....

The previous two dates were to a pub for a drink and to a Sheffield United match (yes, I know, I know, and they say romance is dead....)

I did suggest that if the weather was the same he should hold the picnic at his place, in front of the fire, with a handy duvet nearby and a vast selection of alcoholic beverages, tasty nibbles and a selection of dvd's but he thinks this may be a little too 'advanced' for their current state of relationship play.

So c'mon Forummers - help the poor guy out. What can he do??? Girls - what would impress you? Guys - what nice ideas have YOU come up with for a romantic date?? (answers on the head of a pin please...ooops sorry!....am being a tad cynical there maybe....go on, surprise me!)

:love: <------ my friend

maybe it might be an idea to post their ages, roughly of course... obviously if they're like 20 it might be different to what a pair of 40 year olds would want to do?

I'd love to help you out here but, I've had two dates in my entire life and neither of the ladies came back for a 2nd date so it's probably best if I keep my mouth shut (although I personally think the dates went well, just the company wasn't interested in me) :hihi:

age is immaterial Xafier my friend, love is as tricky and as complicated at any age, be they 8 or 80:rolleyes:

true, but for a first date a young couple might go ice skating then go for a bite to eat, I don't think 50yr old couples like ice skating ;) you see my point... anyways, never got to a 3rd date, I've had 2 girlfriends but we never really had that dating period before being a couple :?

perhaps he could treat her to a nice meal somewhere? somewhere not too expensive but somewhere thats got a nice atmosphere where they can talk, feel comfortable and maybe a little romantic? nice meal, maybe a bottle of wine?, a candle or two?, then invite her back to his place for another drink? :)

I think the Ice Skating idea's a real winner, it's bound to be fun/ funny, he gets to hold her hand, they can help each other up, that kind of thing. Maybe followed by going for a pizza, etc, the kind of meal thats not too 'romantic'.

Other suggestions... how about a drive (if he's got a car) over to Cleethorpes, I've have many a good day playing on the slotties and the crazy golf, they could grab some fish and chips and sit in the car as the rain pelts down, or there's a great indian towards the lesure centre. Think some kind of amusment park would be good fun, bumpercars, candy floss.. much fun! I'm 30 and just going on the kind of thing I'd like so hope it helps!

Yes - our favourite at the mo is a drive to the coast (gives em lots of time to chat in the car), a walk along the sea front watching the waves, then fish and chips and a mug of tea in cosy, steamy cafe....(sigggh , wish I was goin miself now!!!)

Originally posted by ddolly

I think the Ice Skating idea's a real winner, it's bound to be fun/ funny, he gets to hold her hand, they can help each other up, that kind of thing. Maybe followed by going for a pizza, etc, the kind of meal thats not too 'romantic'.

Other suggestions... how about a drive (if he's got a car) over to Cleethorpes, I've have many a good day playing on the slotties and the crazy golf, they could grab some fish and chips and sit in the car as the rain pelts down, or there's a great indian towards the lesure centre. Think some kind of amusment park would be good fun, bumpercars, candy floss.. much fun! I'm 30 and just going on the kind of thing I'd like so hope it helps!

Agreed, nothing wrong with some raw fun.

Cinema, tis dry, and dark and cosy:D

Could go for food after or before.

Originally posted by fuzzy

Cinema, tis dry, and dark and cosy:D

Could go for food after or before.

cinema is ok, but I'm not sure if its ok for a 3rd date? its definitly the worst idea ever for a first date thats for sure because its basically 2hrs of you not being able to talk, which is kinda pointless :?

Ten pin bowling is always a laugh.

Originally posted by Sidla

Ten pin bowling is always a laugh.

it is, but also it's kinda bad for guys or even girls that are very competitive... you have to sort of try and show off without showing off, if that makes any sense :? you dont want the woman to think you suck at things, but you don't want to totally whoop her ass or she'll get miffed at you :?

women are complicated... then again, so am I :hihi: