Anyone hear loud bangs on Slate Street/Spurr Street last night??

HEELEY AREA

Around 10pm last night (thursday 25th sept) I heard 2 loud bangs. I thought at first it might be someone taking a baseball bat to a car (bearing in mind recent threads about car break-ins in our area) when I looked out the window I saw a man running up the road and it looked like he had something in his hand... now I may have watched to many action films lately, but my first thought was that it looked like a gun! :o

Went outside and had a look around with the neighbours but nothing looked amiss.

I'm at work at the moment, but our next door neighbour just called to say that the police had been round asking questions, but wouldn't say what the 'incident' was :confused:

AND they will be sending CID round later to ask some more questions! :o

Surely if it was gunshots, we have a right to know?! I thought I lived in a nice safe friendly place... what on Earth is my Mum gonna say??!! :help:

LOL....we hear loud bangs every night...but it is the neighbours having a good time:hihi: Sooooo jealous!

And??????? Poss the local toe's letting off fireworks, they do at this time of year!:hihi:

Why would you have a right to know?

Are you serious?!

For my own safety!

If someone is running past my front door at night with a gun in their hand, I think I have as much right to know as a parent would about a paedophile living on their street.

(assuming of course that the police actually know themselves - obviously 'I have a right to know' is an inappropriate phrase if nobody actually knows what happened anyway)

LOL....we hear loud bangs every night...but it is the neighbours having a good time:hihi: Sooooo jealous!

And??????? Poss the local toe's letting off fireworks, they do at this time of year!:hihi:

Yeah maybe.

I wasn't too concerned at first - but if CID are coming round to question everyone, that makes it sound like something serious.

i heard this, thought it was a shooter but dismissed as fireworks, thought oh eye, first fireworks of the season, but... was a shooter

Hi, all,

It was thieves pinching the lead/copper pipework from old outside toilets I had too attend to two leaks and cap them off.

It seems a house was shot at, near the post box, by the looks of it, some kind of warning shot......very very scary, as i live about 10 metres from teh house that got shot.......

It seems a house was shot at, near the post box, by the looks of it, some kind of warning shot......very very scary, as i live about 10 metres from teh house that got shot.......
OMG! You mean that gronky old postpox at the corner of Slate/Spurr Street?

Well CID didn't come round last night after all.. but if they do, I don't know if I would be able to tell them anything useful as I only got such a quick glance at the guy, and there was nothing unusual about him... well, apart from the gun!

We went for a walk with the dog at just gone 9pm last night, and were very suprised at the amount of police cars about in general... about 6 in total dotted about along the route we took to Co-Op.

I wonder what the reason was for a 'warning shot'?? :suspect:

Thats the one.....when i heard it, the bangs sounded like firecrackers..........and it may have not been warning shots, but thats what me and my housemate thought as the shot was top right of a window, so not directly at it, but still to give some impact....