Nursery queries and recommendations

fox20thc

There is a very reputable nursery on Psalter Lane called TREETOPS it has great opening hours and is highly recommended as a very fussy parent. My third child is due to start there in january.

They also have a nursery in s8 opposite the Kentucky I beleive that one is very good too.

GOOD LUCK.

Hi all

I am looking into Nurseries for my daughter for Sept 2009 when she will (just) be 3.

I am a student nurse at the moment and still hope to be next year and so ideally I need a nursery that takes children fairly early and until 4.30 or later.

My hours are not set so one that takes kids by the hour or something would be ideal but a lot don't so I guess that I would pay for a full 5 day week even when she may not be there (I get 7 weeks holiday per year and sometimes short days at uni but when on placement my hours could be all over the place but someone could be there to pick her up).

It would be ideal to have a nursery around the Eccy Rd area (the end where Collegiate Crescent is, nearest town centre), or maybe one not far from the Heeley area or maybe S8 (probably easier from near Uni or heeley than S8 though).

I would be entitled to some help towards fees from Uni and I believe kids get 15 hrs free aged 3-4 but the rest I would pay myself.

Any ideas? My friend uses a NHS nursery at NGH but it's too far for me, and another one uses the Kids Unlimited (I think that's it?) actually on campus but doesn't recommend it.

Thanks for any help, I am panicking already! x

Kids unlimited nursery is not based on the campus and has no connection to the uni.We have operated for nearly 20 years and have excellent feedback from both current and previous parents.Many children who attended the nursery recently came back for a reunion and all had very fond memories of their time spent with us.We invite anybody who is requiring an excellent standard of childcare to call in and see us however places are limited another good sign of how good our service is.

Kids unlimited nursery is not based on the campus and has no connection to the uni.We have operated for nearly 20 years and have excellent feedback from both current and previous parents.Many children who attended the nursery recently came back for a reunion and all had very fond memories of their time spent with us.We invite anybody who is requiring an excellent standard of childcare to call in and see us however places are limited another good sign of how good our service is.

Hi..

I must be getting confused the, I don't know, the one I am on about has no Uni connection but is in the same area as the various buildings of the Collegiate Campus. My friend is just one person's opinion so please don't anyone be put off...the main reason I didn't look further into it was that there were no places left for next year for the times I needed so this suggests it is very popular. Sorry, no offence meant (if it was even your nursery I was thinking of!) :)

I used Fairmount there's one on collegiate crescent and one near the hallamshire hospital, they were great and i had no problems at all. good luck

Do not use fairmount!

They are awful, the staff turnover there is ridiculously high and all the owners are bothered about is by making as much money as possible by charging relatively high fees and paying staff the absolute minimum (hence high turnover.) Management do not appear to care bout the quality of care children receive and although Im sure the same cannot be said of many of the staff who work there it makes it very difficult to implement when management aren't bothered!

One of my friends took her daughter to treetops and loved it but other than this i don't really know anything about it.

Yes Treetops on Psalter lane is a great nursery the manager there is very knowledgable and is always there to speak too,the staff all say hello when you arrive and most of them have been there throughout my childrens four years at the nursery. I would give her a call and have a chat,her name is Lisa. Lots of the staff have children of their own so are extremly caring towards the children.

Hope this helps you.