Manor allotments. What are they like?

Thanks for the offer :thumbsup: not sure where em and I are gonna start. I need to figure out what I can do about these trees, Im not even sure if I can chop them down ?????

If you are planning on getting a plot up there, the pots next to us and oposite are exactly the same. It looks like a few people have done a fair bit of clearing recently so Im hoping to get some tips.

Maybe clear around the base of the trees etc, then while thats happening....ie weeks / months lol.......you can get confirmation from the person in charge if you can.....at a guess i expect you can chop them down, or even move them.......

If you want any help, it will give me a good idea of what to expect by looking at the neighbours :)

oh jilly1 you poor thing that part of the site is a little bit over grown with any luch the lotty office will send the hedge cutting guy out in jan again with his tractor ...... i got plot 41 or 40 im not sure if the allotment office has changed them yet............... ill see you down there on a dry(ish) day i just want to cut the grass and dig another bed lol

John at the allotments office has said that they will be opening up he really overgrown plots at the bottom of the site, get onto him if you need a hand clearing trees and the like.

I'm trying to get a meeting sorted for our little community to start up an association and get us more protection from our resident fly tippers and thieves. If you are interested in joining then please PM me some contact details so we can get this going sooner rather than later.

Come on people, let me know if you're interested in a meet up to sort out the allotment soc. So far only Jilly has got in touch. I need to know if it's worth it.

The society will be able to get funding for a lock up for all the members tools, plus extra for security measures, that's just for starters. Please PM me your contact details if you want to get involved.

Just got my letter through.....well map and other bits........any ideas which number i should take as there seems to be a lot of choice lol

What numbers are still available? I'll look at my map and see if I can remember what's what.

the map i have got, the ones i think i may want are

25, 27 - 38

Sorry, I can't find my map. Do you want me to meet you at the gate tomorrow and let you have a look?

That sounds like a great idea :) , ..... im free tomorrow if thats ok.....thankyou