Sightseeing trips in Cuba

Been there a couple of times now. Most of the hotels in Varadero organise daily trips to havanna and other things like swimming with dolphins, Catamaran trips with lobster and champagne at the end, nights out to clubs and local flights to some outlying areas (although we were warned that these were old russian planes that were not the most reliable!!).

Only thing we were told not to do is hire a car and having been out there it is probably good advice.

• 2 months later...

Hi, me and my boyfriend have just booked a holiday to Varadero in March aswell (flying out on Friday 13th!). There are some excursions and prices on the Thomas Cook website, I think if you do a search for Varadero on their website, there is a link on there, I have seen it somewhere!

I think we're going to go for the catamaran trip to the Cayo's and maybe a day trip into Havana, I think the catamaran was about £50 and the day trip to Havana was around £85-90, not sure how much the prices differ with local companies once you get out there, but it should give you a rough idea.

Alternatively, have a look on the Trip Advisor website, there are some great feedback forums on there and you might be able to find some useful tips on who to go with.

18 weeks to go, I can't wait!! And congrats on your anniversary aswell!

Hi, me and my boyfriend have just booked a holiday to Varadero in March aswell (flying out on Friday 13th!). There are some excursions and prices on the Thomas Cook website, I think if you do a search for Varadero on their website, there is a link on there, I have seen it somewhere!

I think we're going to go for the catamaran trip to the Cayo's and maybe a day trip into Havana, I think the catamaran was about £50 and the day trip to Havana was around £85-90, not sure how much the prices differ with local companies once you get out there, but it should give you a rough idea.

Alternatively, have a look on the Trip Advisor website, there are some great feedback forums on there and you might be able to find some useful tips on who to go with.

18 weeks to go, I can't wait!! And congrats on your anniversary aswell!

Thank you. We to are going on Friday 13th booked with First Choice now part of TUI, staying at Varadero at the Paradiso. C u there:thumbsup:

Hi me and my boyfriend went to cuba last may, it was so gorgeous, we stayed on the cayo coco island and we went on a day trip to Moran, that was excellent and would recommend that if you get chance to, apart from that we just had days out on the island on speed boats etc

You will love it - enjoy! :)

Firstly, congratulations :)

Secondly, beware that the Yanks may take a dim view if you try to visit the USA later on and you've got some Cuban stamps in your passport :o

We wouldn't to see you and your husband on the 9 O'clock News, shackled and dressed in an orange jumpsuit :help:

happylady would quickly become unhappylady :(

Take care

x

Cubas great youl enjoy it!

we stayed in Guardalavaca or however you spell it :)

opposite side to Havana and it was lovely.

Member of the family went to Havana though and said

there were lots of beggers..

dont know if its still the same, but we visited a major

city called Sandiago (not the american one) and that

was bad for begging.

Thank you. We to are going on Friday 13th booked with First Choice now part of TUI, staying at Varadero at the Paradiso. C u there:thumbsup:

We might do! We booked with Thomas Cook and we're staying at the Blau Varadero, not sure how far apart they are. Guessing you're flying from Manchester at 9.30am? I'll be the one getting changed on the plane into my chavvy tracksuit, eye-mask and slipper socks so I can lounge around and sleep through the flight, and my boyfriend will be the one chewing his way through 20 packs of nicorette gum!! :hihi:

• 1 month later...
We might do! We booked with Thomas Cook and we're staying at the Blau Varadero, not sure how far apart they are. Guessing you're flying from Manchester at 9.30am? I'll be the one getting changed on the plane into my chavvy tracksuit, eye-mask and slipper socks so I can lounge around and sleep through the flight, and my boyfriend will be the one chewing his way through 20 packs of nicorette gum!! :hihi:

Not long now GoGo dancer. :thumbsup:

Me and hubby are going to Cuba next March for our silver wedding anniversary. Just wondered if anyone has experience of excursion companies out there. We're particularly interested in an overnight visit to Havana

If you want to see Cuba I would suggest booking a holiday to Havana. If you go to Varadero or the other resorts you will just see an international resort that is no different from those in Europe.

It is possible to book through Voyages Jules Verne or similar companies. They will also have trips that you can book. My preference is to just find a local taxi and for $20/25 you have a driver for the day.

Beware of internal flights on Cubana. The planes will scare you to death as many are old Russian transport planes.

If you book a hotel in downtown Havana you can walk to most places or take a pedal rickshaw. The bars are great and the vibe excellent.

There is no problem with passport stamps. I go to the USA at least once a year and have stamps from some rather unsavoury places. The Yanks don't give a monkies.

Oh.. and don't buy cigars from anyone other than the factory that produce them. They will probably be made from dried cabage.