Is it just me that doesn't have the slightest interest in the Olympics?

Several groups are basing themselves here in Sheffield. They're going to be mightily unimpressed if the city isn't ready to receive them.

they fly them in to sheffield airport and they could train on all the facilities this council waisted money on for the wsg

enough said

SIV is bringing in a big screen to Don Valley Stadium from 3rd - 5th August (dates to coincide with Jessica Ennis' Heptathlon events and men's 100m final on Sunday 5th in the evening) - the event will be free to attend. Hope to see you all there!!

SIV is bringing in a big screen to Don Valley Stadium from 3rd - 5th August (dates to coincide with Jessica Ennis' Heptathlon events and men's 100m final on Sunday 5th in the evening) - the event will be free to attend. Hope to see you all there!!

Keep hoping.

That's great news - we won't be able to come though as we'll be watching on the big screens in Olympic Park

My friends are all amazed at the facilities available for sport in Sheffield. My son has tried numerous sports and enjoys great coaching in top-class facilities. There was a legacy from the WSG and the children of today are reaping the rewards

Why do people who don't care feel the need to letting everyone know? You don't like watching sport then clearly the olympics is not for you. I love sport and will be watching as much of it as I can, keenly - as I try to do with all sorts of other sport all year round.

And why not cheer on some Brits for once? Don't worry, it doesn't mean you're a royalist.

I'm hoping (as a taxpayer) Sheffield is not getting ready or playing host to any part of the 2012 Olympics because we're still paying towards the huge (still rising) debt caused by the World Student Games.

London wanted the Olympics so therefore let London pay for them, not Sheffield folks.