What do you think of Wetherspoons pubs?

Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Wetherspoons pubs - good or bad?

I can only go on the experience the wife and I had in the Bankers Draft last year. 10am on a Sunday morning, pensioners drinking cider, an elderly couple having a drink fuelled row, one guy sat there picking his nose and eating it. My wife was itching for a fortnight. Never again!!

so really want you meant to post was the bankers draft is awful, instead of tarring all wetherspoons pubs with the same brush.

there are plenty of excellent wetherspoons, with a huge number in the good beer guide.

I can only go on the experience the wife and I had in the Bankers Draft last year. 10am on a Sunday morning, pensioners drinking cider, an elderly couple having a drink fuelled row, one guy sat there picking his nose and eating it. My wife was itching for a fortnight. Never again!!

Gross...you are not allowed to bring and eat your own food :hihi:

so really want you meant to post was the bankers draft is awful, instead of tarring all wetherspoons pubs with the same brush.

there are plenty of excellent wetherspoons, with a huge number in the good beer guide.

I've been in quite few Wetherspoons around the country, but they all seem to attract the same sort of clientel, even the Willow Walk in Westminster. Sorry, but to me its one step above street drinking!

I've been in quite few Wetherspoons around the country, but they all seem to attract the same sort of clientel, even the Willow Walk in Westminster. Sorry, but to me its one step above street drinking!

you mean the willow walk outside victoria station? strange you should mention that, as i go drinking there quite often during the summer, and can happily say that it isn't full of tramps and pensioners at all. plenty of people just having a pint before catching their trains owing to the spoons in the station being tiny and very expensive. try the crosse keys in the city and tell me thats ful of the "same sort of clientel". the pubs with lodges attatched are also excellent - i have stayed at the ones in wigan and henley, no tramps in sight im afraid.

That's a typical view of any Weatherspoons pub, try the one at Woodseats :hihi:

you mean the willow walk outside victoria station? strange you should mention that, as i go drinking there quite often during the summer, and can happily say that it isn't full of tramps and pensioners at all. plenty of people just having a pint before catching their trains owing to the spoons in the station being tiny and very expensive. try the crosse keys in the city and tell me thats ful of the "same sort of clientel". the pubs with lodges attatched are also excellent - i have stayed at the ones in wigan and henley, no tramps in sight im afraid.

Yes, the Willow Walk is opposite the company I work for on Vauxhall Bridge Road, back of Victoria Station. Its the same old faces every day in there, being substantially cheaper than the adjacent competition. When the infamous Lord Burleigh closed its doors they all drifted across the road into the Willow Walk. I walked past the other day at the Wilton Road entrance, full of scruffy old guys at 11 in the morning!