A question about points on your driving license

Ok so here goes, I was convicted in 2000 for drink driving, I received a ban and fine but no points.

I was wondering, if you have points on your license do they show up on the card as well as the counterpart? So if I was to show my card license would it appear clean? thanks :thumbsup:

They do not appear on the card, however most organisations who need to see your license if it is so that they can permit you to drive such as if you rent a car or are seeking employment which involves driving will want to see the counterpart. They can also check with DVLA and if anything happens it may invalidate the insurance. My company vehicle insurance excludes anyone who has been convicted of drink driving within last 10 years and it stays on their license for 11 years.

Darbess is right - it isn't on the card, but the card isn't your driving licence - that is both parts.

I've been to hire a car with just the card because I can never find the paper bit, and they simply ring the DVLA to find out I have 3 points for speeding.

Oh, and Ape Tracker is right too.

Ok so here goes, I was convicted in 2000 for drink driving, I received a ban and fine but no points.

I was wondering, if you have points on your license do they show up on the card as well as the counterpart? So if I was to show my card license would it appear clean? thanks :thumbsup:

You don't receive points as you served a ban. Now providing you have not been convicted for any other driving offence your license should be clean as you have already paid the price with your ban.

You were convicted for drink driving?

You shouldn't have ever been allowed behind the wheel again.

Thats a bit harsh.Im sure he regrets it,we all make mistakes or missjudgments even you Ape Tracker.For all we know he could have been spiked or had too much sherry in his trifle at christmas.Dont think i agree with drink driving because i dont,but after a drinking session how do we know if we are still over the limit the next day.some people drink drive all the time knowing they over the limit and this really ****** me of.

You were convicted for drink driving?

You shouldn't have ever been allowed behind the wheel again.

People make mistakes, chances are nobody was hurt. The law should be based on consequences of drink driving, not just the amount of alcohol in your blood.