Iran girl sentenced to 100 lashes for sex

Originally posted by kathythebean

oh come on, we were doing this kind of thing just a few hundred years ago. witch burning anyone?

It's not a few hundred years ago.

she must be insane to file a case to start with, not that she shouldn't have the right to ask for justice, but in Iran? I mean come on..what was she thinking? :confused:

also I have great respect for the choice the judge has made, I prefer for her to get the 100 lashes than for the young boys to get the death sentence, not that any of it is justified but eh..

I can't believe i just read that ...

So you'd PREFER a young girl to get a 100 lashes ... even though it's not justified ... just so that two irresponsible men can get off more lightly ...

so when she dies because her body cant take the punishment - will that be ok - eh?

Originally posted by rubydazzler

I can't believe i just read that ...

So you'd PREFER a young girl to get a 100 lashes ... even though it's not justified ... just so that two irresponsible men can get off more lightly ...

so when she dies because her body cant take the punishment - will that be ok - eh?

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it that way

but if u had to make a choice between killing 2 young teenage boys or giving her the 100 lashes what would u choose?

(I didn't think for one moment she could die as a result, and I don't think she will) but I think under those circumstances the judge made the best choice (not that there is a good one).

again I repeat, what was she thinking filing that case to start with, I'm not sure she would've lived happily ever after had she had them killed.

Guest poppins
Originally posted by Kristian

Yawn :rolleyes:

This topic was answeredwith just one word YAWN, though we couldn't do that ? I can always tell when Phans on, if it suits him he leaves it in, he must have added ROLLEYES, it wasn't there to begin with.

Originally posted by poppins

This topic was answeredwith just one word YAWN, though we couldn't do that ? I can always tell when Phans on, if it suits him he leaves it in, he must have added ROLLEYES, it wasn't there to begin with.

My original post has not been edited, and has not been changed, so how you came to this bizarre conclusion is beyond me! Yawn :rolleyes:

The reason I only posted one word and an emoticon was because that's all I felt it needed, and added to the conversation; Phan clearly agreed!

Guest poppins

My original post has not been edited, and has not been changed, so how you came to this bizarre conclusion is beyond me! Yawn :rolleyes:

The reason I only posted one word and an emoticon was because that's all I felt it needed, and added to the conversation; Phan clearly agreed!

See i knew Phan was on duty, only he would let an answer like that pass if he didn't agree with the other person.

See i knew Phan was on duty, only he would let an answer like that pass if he didn't agree with the other person.

What was wrong with my answer? Sorry, I'm not with? :huh:

K x

Guest poppins

What was wrong with my answer? Sorry, I'm not with? :huh:

K x

Nothing wrong at all with your one word answer Kristian, also why does t020 think your a male ? i didn't think so, was he right ?

Nothing wrong at all with your one word answer Kristian, also why does t020 think your a male ? i didn't think so, was he right ?

He's right. I am a man. Most definately.

Is the avatar confusing? It's Bree from Desperate Housewives! I thought you would know abaout her considering your location! The show is on ABC on Sunday nights!

K x

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

This sort of thing wants stamping out.

It almost justifies an American invasion.

Which might be the reason propoganda like this story is circulated!

OK barbaric yes, but read the report, she didn’t get the whole 100 lashes for having sex, it was more to do with the false allegations, which could have led to others getting a death sentence.

From the above report.

The girl was sentenced to 100 lashes because her accusations of rape and kidnap could have landed her partners a death penalty, the Tehran judge said.

The Iran paper quotes the girl, who has not been named, as confessing:

"I trusted one of these young men, whom I got to know by phone, and went to his place.”

"But because he betrayed me, I filed the case against him and his friend out of revenge."