"Fun" Fair in Endcliffe Park = Crime Wave

If a fair is proposed for a residential area then Iis there a case for requiring resident's permission first? Afterall they are the ones who will suffer any negative consequences.
how do you work that out sid ? the council wont ask and dont need permission to allow a fair, the cops wont bother to much about the kids running the fair unless theres a murder,as they know that any address given wont be there when it's time to turn up in court so they are flogging a dead horse,instead of arresting them, then giving bail,which they do,they should have a court of emergency where they can bang them into the same day an arrest has been made, but then again, dont the magistrates only work 10 till 5 ? why not open a 24/7 court ? we could cut the waiting list by half, or is that to simple for the powers that be to comprehend ?

Dunno if it's got anything to do with the fair, but I live near the park and someone did try to break into my garden shed at 4am one day last week, so look out, someone with bolt cutters is out and about in S11...

such a stupid subject and should be closed yet again

You think it's stupid because people disagree with you?

It doesn't really matter if it's the fairground owners/operators or the type of people fairs tend to attract, the fact is that crime increases when a fair is around. If people living nearby don't welcome an increase in crime why is that so hard to understand?

Your a racist ****. GET OUT MORE. The showman are the nice friendly ones, your just scared incase your son/daughter wants to have a go and on your 7k a year income you cant affored it
waltzerboy,as an ex gafflad from 40 years ago all i can say is,whenever a fair pulls in the crime rate does go up,it might not be the gaff lads but the local thugs who see the houses empty as the owners are out on the dodgems,but if your a proper gafflad,you know as well as i do,if it aint nailed down,then theres a good chance it will get shifted..;)

Very friendly.

waltzerboy, just wind your neck in a bit and have another read. Most people aren't having a go at the fair, just some of the scrotes that it attracts. If folk notice a rise in crime when the fair is in the park then they have every right to have a moan and you aren't doing the fair any favours by making out that they are making it up.

If we're going to be a bit more positive, what could the fair do to try to help the situation?

excuse me there not having a go at the fair more burglaries etc thats not having a go sorry but sounds like it to me

Exactly the same as when any fair comes to town. Rowdy youths, litter, the almost obligatory knifing of someone and the strangely inexplicable spate of thefts from sheds, garages out buildings.

I dislike it when the fair arrives at Hillsborough for all of the reasons above - Plus the fact that a pack of gypsies have set up camp within copper/garden tools/car thieving distance from my house.

as i said before prove this i do know hilsboro is having problems anyway so u cant say that the fair is to blame at all you need proof and to be honest areas are getting worse and its happening more often look at all the stabbings last week around the country are they all fair related?

as i said before prove this i do know hilsboro is having problems anyway so u cant say that the fair is to blame at all you need proof and to be honest areas are getting worse and its happening more often look at all the stabbings last week around the country are they all fair related?

Of course all stabbings countrywide aren't fair related - It would be utterly fatuous to suggest it were so. As a resident of Hillsborough I can see the difference when a fair comes to the park, you only have to look in the Sheffield Discussions section when it's there to see an increase in reports of outbuilding thefts.

i feel its time to introduce a few facts, remember them?, as hook and a FEW others have realised the problem is with the youths visiting the fair NOT the showman running the rides, this would doubtless apply be it a concert they were attending,

the SHOWMEN who own and maintain the rides have no more connection with gypsies than do ANY of us , they live in caravans only to be near to there place of work, drug dealers,and pimps mostly operate from houses, does this mean we are like that because we choose to live in a permanent dwelling?,any ground damage to the park is made good either by the showmen or at THEIR expense, all the operators at the park are in a trade body (showmans guild) they cannot operate at any fair unless a member of such body, if involved in fighting, stealing or the like they would be expelled and in the case of a giant wheel costing £1 million + would face repayments with no income, hardley worth the risk for a pair of levis and a plastic seat?, think about it, if YOU wanted to pinch something when would YOU do it, exactly ,whilst the fair ws there to blame and lots of people to loose yourself in!, they dont need residents permission as they are on council land and will have their permission and a very substantial RENT per ride, stall, caravan pitch even!, all of which goes towards your council tax bill, please try to think of that when you blame the fair for ALL of societies ills,remember how you loved just being there as a kid??????? what hapened to make you so bitter,,,,,,,

I have to admit that "Freak Out" at the fair is one of the best rides I have ever been on, and I'm including Nemesis at Alton Towers, The Hulk at Universal Islands Of Adventure, and Furious Baco at Port Aventura in my list of best rides.

I wonder how much a ride like that costs to buy or rent, and run?

I'll have 2 then!

:)

Get a spellchecker for your sign writers though.

"Ellegal substances" indeed.

maybe the fair does attract a few unwanted people to ecclesall, but i grew up on ecclesall road and looked foward to the fair, its only on for a few days and the majority of people are local and have good honest fun.

some people run the risk of looking like complete snobs on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!