The Highway pub In pitsmoor 1970s

Swoz Julie is on my friends list on FB check her out there are some pics on there as she is today, her Mother lived next door to mine on Firshill and has since past on.

Cheers Paul I will check her out.........in a nice way of course ;)

Keep it clean on here SWOZ :-)

LOL, how goes it nige? Paul is she under her maiden name?

LOL, how goes it nige? Paul is she under her maiden name?

Yes she is mate

i asked about 12 months ago if anyone has a photo of the highway inside or out, me and the wife made a pilgrimage to the bomb site that was the highway.It was my local ,every night,never missed from the late sixties untill we moved out in 1976.

some names not mentioned so far

Bert fowler

mick bolsover (bear)

mick grant

dave mclouglin

mick naidin

mick gibbs

les redfern

alison mclouglin

paul bradley

john and harry mathews

tony narette-spelling will be wrong on this one.

Walt Siddwell -landlord

Les Redfern, Harry and John Mathews still around as far as I know Bert Fowler passed on sorry don't know about the rest....Oh and Bear still around somewhere in S5

Les Redfern, Harry and John Mathews still around as far as I know Bert Fowler passed on sorry don't know about the rest....Oh and Bear still around somewhere in S5

I would love to know why the whole estate had to be demolished,they were only built in about sixty two so cant have been that bad.Check out the photo section for an aerial photo of the estate under construction.

HI if you go on facebook and find pitsmoor in sheffield you will find all pictures of the highway ans surrounding areas plus every one on it from around there

I would love to know why the whole estate had to be demolished,they were only built in about sixty two so cant have been that bad.Check out the photo section for an aerial photo of the estate under construction.

you can also try here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/194068350729111/

Also i was told years ago Pitsmoor had been ear marked to be the new hub of sheffield with upmarket dwellings, but the plans were scrapped (i saw the model of what it was going to look like) Ive also been told very recently that those plans are being brought back to life!!!, how true it is or if anything will come of it i cant say, will just have to wait and see. it does seem strange that an estate thats not that old and then has millions spent on modernization would then be pulled down!!! i do know they moved people out of Pye bank drive because flakes of concrete started falling off top of the flats but to pull the whole bloody lot down seems a bit extreme.

HI,

I am working on a book on Sheffield pubs and would be interested to see any photos of this pub. If you have any please pm me or e-mail-

[email protected]

I will credit and pictures I use in my project to the original photographer.

Am I right in thinking the pub was open 1962-2005?

HI,

I am working on a book on Sheffield pubs and would be interested to see any photos of this pub. If you have any please pm me or e-mail-

[email protected]

I will credit and pictures I use in my project to the original photographer.

Am I right in thinking the pub was open 1962-2005?

I think C. Otter & Co. were the building contractors for the Highway.