Are my kittens Boys or Girls?!

My Cat had kittens about a month ago. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can tell this early if they are male or female? If not when will the obvious signs start to show! Also since having her kittens my cat seems to have dandruff - any suggestions how to get rid of this? Thanks

Hi - If you lift the tail a female kitten will have what looks like an upside-down exclamation mark, whereas a male will look more like a colon.

Also, the male's urinary opening is lower than the female's and he will also have a little lump between his anus and this opening. This is what later becomes his testicles. Another way to tell is if you gently squeeze the urinary opening. If the tip of the penis appears, it's a boy.

This might help

http://www.kitten-rescue.com/images/sexing_kittens.gif

Also Ginger cats are almost always male and tortoiseshell cats are almost always female.

yes so if you have a tort in the litter you can use them as a basis and check the definate female agaisnt the rest

Thank you all for your help. I think I have two girls!

Alternatively, the vet will be able to tell you when you have them checked over and wormed :)

Also Ginger cats are almost always male and tortoiseshell cats are almost always female.

thats how our girly ginger got a boys name!!!

Alternatively, the vet will be able to tell you when you have them checked over and wormed :)

When I got my kitten at 8 weeks old, the seller said it was a girl - I took it to the vet for it's injections - the vet didn't disagree - not long after it become apparent it definitely was a boy - perhaps I should change vets :hihi:

After getting our first kitten, being told it was a girl and naming it Milly i noticed some small lumps on the bum:suspect:. Vet took one look when he went for immunisations and he was promtly renamed Milo :) He was 12 weeks old at the time though.

When I got my kitten at 8 weeks old, the seller said it was a girl - I took it to the vet for it's injections - the vet didn't disagree - not long after it become apparent it definitely was a boy - perhaps I should change vets :hihi:

:o:lol: See we didn't have any problems like that ours were both around 4 months when we got them from a rescue so no problems identifying!! :lol:

thats how our girly ginger got a boys name!!!

Well there is always an execption.:D