2010 council house refurb

Is anyone in rotherham council housing going through the 2010 refurbishment?

I know quite a few people who are, there houses has been in a mess for up to 2 months, dust and the usual that goes with this type of undertaking, most in my opinion are doing nothing but complain, must be costing upwards of £10,000 spent on each house. Being a private homeowner who works full time and pay my council tax and also has to provide everything myself in my own home, how can some people have the cheek to moan about what the council are doing for them.

Anyone any comments????

yes... just because the council are doing it for free (although people do pay for such things in their rent) does not mean that it is a pleasant process and it should be enjoyed does it? and at least if you own your own house you can control what happens in it can't you? other "lucky" people are at the mercy of council workmen, who are famous for being rather incompetent and unreliable at best.

thanx moonbird for your reply, but i think you missed my point, there not there own homes and anyway there subsidised by the taxpayer, wouldnt you think they would be happy to have a free refurbishment, the work men can come into my house and make as much mess as they like for 2 months so i could have the same work done free.

I didn't miss your point I just didn't agree with it :hihi: lots of things are subsidised for people in their own homes too and lots of regeneration programes about for inner city areas, people can get their homes insulated etc at really cheap prices sometimes free.

Sounds a bit like sour grapes to me, at least you will have your own home at the end of it a council tenant walks away with nothing no matter how many years they pay.

yes i see your sour grapes point and understand what your saying, but arent they being a bit cheeky moaning about it

yes i see your sour grapes point and understand what your saying, but arent they being a bit cheeky moaning about it
They always say that Rich, same old thing, sour grapes, jealous of their council houses, they've paid it in rent, Kier and contractors are all useless blah, blah. Thank goodness we can afford our own places.

They always say that Rich, same old thing, sour grapes, jealous of their council houses, they've paid it in rent, Kier and contractors are all useless blah, blah. Thank goodness we can afford our own places.

I know life is harsh isn't it? and who are "they" for all you know I might live in a mansion :P

And no I didn't miss spell maisonette :hihi:

I know life is harsh isn't it? and who is "they" for all you know I might live in a mansion :P

Indeed you might. It's up to you whether or you not you included yourself as "they" I didn't say you were.

ye, no what you mean, i think the sour grapes bit with me comes from people in council housing that are out of work, yes but can we afford our own houses in todays expensive society.

Indeed you might. It's up to you whether or you not you included yourself as "they" I didn't say you were.

Well as I was the only one who replied I just sort of assumed you included or meant me, I shall be more careful of my assumptions in future :rolleyes:

ye, no what you mean, i think the sour grapes bit with me comes from people in council housing that are out of work, yes but can we afford our own houses in todays expensive society.

I know your new on here and by all accounts you seem polite and reasonable, but honestly this has been done to death and its very tedious... nothing personal at all :D

I know life is harsh isn't it? and who are "they" for all you know I might live in a mansion :P

Unfortunately though you miss spell, misspell, I think :)