Chesterfield Canal Walk 18th May 2008

scoobz

I would like to come on this one cos i missed it the first time. I would also need a lift! :)

I can give you a lift from the usual place - will PM you with time once I've worked out how to get there. I've just got in from yet another walk - as if I hadn't done enough this weekend - I went out to Edale on the train after work and had a quick sprint up Grinds Brook then cut off up Golden Clough to Nether Tor about 3.5 miles and 1,000 ft ascent.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can give you a lift from the usual place - will PM you with time once I've worked out how to get there. I've just got in from yet another walk - as if I hadn't done enough this weekend - I went out to Edale on the train after work and had a quick sprint up Grinds Brook then cut off up Golden Clough to Nether Tor about 3.5 miles and 1,000 ft ascent.

That's dedication! I was up on Kinder last week in beautiful sunshine but it took a while to get from Jacob's ladder down to Grindsbrook. Have to confess to having a pint in the Nag's Head. £2.70!!! I ask you.

Well that was a lovely walk. Really enjoyed the smell of garlic, the flowers, the birds singing and the wonderful company. I'd never been down that stretch of the canal before and I was surprised at how nice it was.

Many thanks to Sherwood 1 for the goody bag and a big welcome to the two new walkers and their dog who provided great company for Sam :)

Photos after I've had a pot of tea

That was another lovely walk, nice and easy going along the canal towpath, which was most welcome after the previous evenings festivities. A good job I didn't have to walk near a canal last night:hihi:

Thanks to Sherwood1 for the Birthday Goody Bag - obviously been up all night baking special treats:)

Nice to meet two new walkers and friendy dog hope to see you on another walk soon.

More pictures here

What a lovely walk! Very tranquil and picturesque and I particularlty enjoyed seeing the cygnets and the Duck family with 13 ducklings-tho they wouldn't stay still while I counted them!

Good to see the newbies and well-behaved dogs, enjoying the delights of cold water and playing at 10 pin bowling with us as the pins! :hihi:

Thanks to Sherwood for the goody bags-and a VERY happy birthday for tomorrow.

Thanks to the good directions of (newbie) Keith, was able to find my way back by car to pick up Mr L- but too late to prevent the consumption of large quantities of chips and alchohol! Now there's a surprise!

A great walk, in excellent company :)

Thanks to Sherwood1 for the aforementioned Birthday Goody Bag - top treat! Happy Birthday for tomorrow. Thanks also to Scoobz for short talk on the history and development of the Chesterfield canal - I didn't expect the laptop and powerpoint presentation, and I wasn't disappointed.

Great to meet up with you all again, and to meet some new people. The dog was very pleased to have canine company. He is now resting with his eyes shut.

Hope to see you all again soon!

A lovely days walking as usual in great company. I wasnt expecting the canal to be so pretty to be honest, its so well kept and I felt quite envious of the people who live along side it! :D

Great to meet two new walkers and their well behaved dog, hope you will come along again. :)

Thanks to Neo for the lift there and back and of course a BIG thankyou to Sherwood for the goodie bag! Have a brilliant birthday tomorrow! :partyhat: