Owls reception for Dublin!

Haven't seen it posted so far, and thought it was a brilliant 2nd half display, much improved when Kavanagh came on.

Thing thta impressed me most, was the reception given to Dion Dublin, not once, but twice.

Never played for us, never done anything wrong against us, but a lot of fans recognised what a good pro he's been. Didn't play the game dirty (on the whole, except when he lost it that time!), and just got on with the game.

No falling about or cheating. Top man!

was emotional........ for a second.;)

Jim

Haven't seen it posted so far, and thought it was a brilliant 2nd half display, much improved when Kavanagh came on.

Thing thta impressed me most, was the reception given to Dion Dublin, not once, but twice.

Never played for us, never done anything wrong against us, but a lot of fans recognised what a good pro he's been. Didn't play the game dirty (on the whole, except when he lost it that time!), and just got on with the game.

No falling about or cheating. Top man!

was emotional........ for a second.;)

Jim

yeah it was a nice touch.... but so was the touch from Burton, then Sahar, & Burton and not forgettin Clarkes touch.:hihi:

yeah it was a nice touch.... but so was the touch from Burton, then Sahar, & Burton and not forgettin Clarkes touch.:hihi:

If he's still around next season, good get a chant going of "Leon's gonna get you!":hihi:

Jim

Yeah definitely.

Dublin is/was a true pro and it was a fitting send off for him at a sell-out crowd at Hillsborough.

:thumbsup: to Dion.

My Dad has just reminded me, and I've doubled checked Wikipedia, that Hillsborough was where Dublin sustained a a life threatening broken neck injury.

Hopefully we've given him a much better memory of our place ;)

My Dad has just reminded me, and I've doubled checked Wikipedia, that Hillsborough was where Dublin sustained a a life threatening broken neck injury.

Hopefully we've given him a much better memory of our place ;)

yeah i remember that, was a great standing ovation for a true pro:cool:

That's what I thought this thread was about to be honest.

Seems some decent Wednesday fans remember.

he did that injury at Aston Villa, we were winning 2 nil then lost, again, 3-2.

I've been around a few years and I've seen more standing ovations than I care to remember. I've seen nearly every spectator in the ground applaud when some ex players or managers have returned, but the ovation that Deon Dublin got at Hillsborough was something else. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He has been a brilliant player and ambassador for the game and I think he will make a great manager/coach should he decide to go down that path. I wish him well.

That was the best standing ovation I have seen at Hillsborough for a visiting player, that I can remember...though the memory ain't what it used to be...I think Dion Dublin himself was quite overwhelmed by the Hillsborough crowd.