Banksy - scum or genius?

So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?  

218 members have voted

1. 1. So Is Banksy Scum Or Genuis?

• Scum
    • Genuis

This is a forum where people are allowed to express their opinions and disagree with certain laws.

Not allways judging by what the mods remove.

Personally, I think he's got an illness, as has anyone who can't help themselves deliberately destroy and deface anyone's personal property (and that applies to public buildings).

It's not art; never was, never will be.

Artists display their work in art galleries or elsewhere. This form of painted vomit brings down an entire region, making it look ugly and feel dangerous. I have been a victim of this illness on countless occasions. I have had to pay to get it removed only to have it daubed on my personal property again. It is an attack on the person and should be treated as such.

I care not what it's called, be it tagging or grafitti. To me it's the same mess.

In the UK one can expect the likes of 'Banksy' to become a celebrity. In other countries he'd be locked up and that's firmly where he belongs.

You need to chill out a bit mate.

"Has no right to paint wherever he wishes" is not an opinion; it's a fact in law.

Ha Ha!

Get a life!

Ha Ha!

Get a life!

He has, unfortunately still on here only under a different name :hihi:

The recent documentary on Banksy was an eye opener. I didn't know he copied his style of art from a French artist. Not that it detracts from what he does (Banksy). I find most of his pieces very interesting.

The red phone box lying on the floor dying with a pick axe stuck in it was brilliant. I guess a lot of people thought it was judging by the 550k it sold for at auction.

http://www.artofthestate.co.uk/Banksy/banksy_rat_padlock_cutter.htm

Whoever this person is i personally think he/she is a legend, a genius and I appreciate every bit of the work, the art adds so much culture, provocative thinking, style, culture and originality to the streets of London and Bristol, however a lot of people in London and Bristol (mostly the cleasing dept of local councils) think he is utter scum and has no right to paint his work where ever he wishes.

What do you all think?

Scum. 100% All his money should be used to clan up the mess he promotes.:rant:

It's not much of a choice is it, scum of genius?

I don't think he's either.

Indeed, there is no reason why he can't be both.

Can anyone be scum and genius at the same time? Scum isn't a word I use myself and I don't care for it, but I don't know of anyone who could be regarded as scum and a genius at the same time. Certainly there are flawed geniuses, but the word scum implies a person has no redeeming features.

Scum or Genius?

SCUM

Nah. He is way too young to have been in that film ;)

Nah. He is way too young to have been in that film ;)

He would have ruined it anyway, he's only a vandal.