Recommendations for Italian Restaurants

Moved this thread here because, er, well it's about going out.:)

someone say Antibo`s got a bad review? its wonderful! gorge food, and very atmospheric!!

BB`s is on my doorstep, but you cannot get in there for love nor money, have to book well in advance, is supposed to be the crème de la crème!

gondola is nice, good food but didn`t really lie the place.

Dont thnk you can beat La Mancha or K pasa! (not Què tal! was horrendous!)

(not Què tal! was horrendous!)

Been twice, loved it! However on the second time there was a group of rowdy women there which lowered the tone lol!!! The first time I went was valentines....was nice then :)

What didnt you like princess?

Well i went there with the boyf, it wasnt too busy, but there was one large party in, we waited 25 mins for a starter, and then the main course was rubbish. we got free drinks cos they knew that the service was bad. the sangria was horrid and a rip off. much prefer La Mancha.

Yeah they do have a tendancy to have large parties. There is a much better atmosphere at BB's and you don't have to wait too long either, despite large parties being booked.

i only live two mins away from there, but have never been. i must book and go. we always decide on the spur of the moment that we wanna eat out, thats the problem!

>>someone say Antibo`s got a bad review? its wonderful! gorge food, and very atmospheric!!>>

Atmospheric? I've seen more atmosphere in an empty aircraft hangar!

The food was okay-ish (if uninspiring), the prices were high (presumably to pay for the over-the-top decor) and the service was awful.

They should have paid more attention to the menu and the service and less to the ostentatious interior. How do people enjoy eating in such soul-less and insipid places? (And I went in the hope that the reviews would be proved wrong - they weren't!)

:sad:

guess we all have our individual tastes, each to their own!

but you can very easily tell about the prices before you go in by simply looking at the menu, and it is so obviously apparent that its an ostentatious kind of place too, if thats not what you wanted then you were going to the wrong place from the start!

I also like Tratoria Sorento on Crookes, and BB's on Devonshire St, both take your own, good food and cheap.

On Saturday we went to Picollos (possibly spelt wrong) on West Street and I have to say it was very good, and as there was 15 of us we got the private room upstairs. The food was good, the service good the price reasonable, but not take your own and they were very good at making things how people wanted, e.g. veggie fajitas instead of chicken. Was impressed.

Originally posted by fuzzy purple

On Saturday we went to Picollos (possibly spelt wrong) on West Street and I have to say it was very good...

I agree. We went with a few friends a couple of weekends ago and it was excellent all-round.

(BTW, it's spelt Piccolos ;) .)

Can anyone suggest a good Italian restaurant please? GF's birthday next week and she loves Italian food :)

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Can anyone suggest a good Italian restaurant please? GF's birthday next week and she loves Italian food :)

Quite a few around town etc.. What area do you want one in?

Search results found This thread.

:)