Leaky car! Garage suggestions please

My car roof has a leak in it. I have no idea where it's actually getting in, but above the passenger side next to the sun visor, it's absolutely drenched and watermarked, and it's also falling on to the seat giving my passengers rather wet behinds :(

So, I need a garage but I've no idea who's decent and what sort of price to pay. I usually take it to a local one, but I could do with putting it on my credit card and he only takes cash or cheques.

buy a giant brolly and strap it to the roof.

any fishing tackle shop will sell you one .

buy a giant brolly and strap it to the roof.

any fishing tackle shop will sell you one .

:thumbsup: problem solved.

is it an Alfa Rmeo? if so there is plenty of docs on this on the internet (pretty easy to do yourself stuff)

is it an Alfa Rmeo? if so there is plenty of docs on this on the internet (pretty easy to do yourself stuff)

If only! It's a Fiat Bravo.

Has it got a sunroof? If it has, take it to a petrol station, open the sun roof, and blast compressed air through the channels. Could be backing up through the drains being blocked.

I think on the Brava and Bravo the door seals eventually flatten causing a leak at that point

If the car as a sun roof it could be the sun roof drain that is blocked this happened to my escourt - I thought the mechanic who told me was taking the p****.

Open the sun roof and look for a small hole at each side of the runners at the front of sun roof get something long and thin - I used a small drain cleaner and thread the piece of wire or whatever through the hole I didnt think I had moved anything until I had moved the car.

The amount of gunge under the car when I moved it was amasing . I never got a wet carpet again. If you look in a hayes service manual you should be able to find out if it as drain hole.

I never did work out how the carpet got wet from a blocked drain hole from sun roof

Hope this helps

Hi Gemma86, I`ve got a Bravo too and it will be leaking in from the sun roof as Busman says, or it could be leaking from around the aeriel.

Common problem with Bravo`s i`m afraid.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look tomorrow and hopefully the sunroof is the cause and it'll save me some pennies! I'll let you know on the outcome!

I think you're all onto something, a Google search has thrown up several threads and pages about leakiness in Bravos/Fiats. And also this page which answers many of my "why the hell is my car doing that?!" questions!

So I've just spend the past 3 hours or so trying out some advice... I've poked at holes with what seems to be no avail. And twisted my back as I've hung out the sun roof. :thumbsup: I've threaded some wire down what I believe are the drainage holes (there were no others about so it had to be them...) - on the drivers side I managed to fit it down what seemd to be the length of the pillar that runs down the side of the windscreen, but it didn't poke out anywhere so I've no idea where it leads to. However, the passenger side, where the leak problem is, it would only go down about 15cm. I've tried a few different wires, tried blowing air down it with a air compressor (a tyre pump that has multiple uses...) but it looks like it's well and truly blocked.

I've also had the interior light fitting out because apparently leaks are also something to do with the aerial fitting which is behind it, but I couldn't shift the sunroof motor to get to it and it seemed dry (also, pretty dangerous if water is leaking through there with all the wires about...).

So, now I'm off to trail the internet to see if these holes can be accessed elsewhere, and if not, it's off to a garage.