Leaning towers of Netherthorpe!

Has anyone noticed the towerblocks on the right as you go up Netherthorpe road towards Brook hill roundabout all seem to lean to the right as you approach them! I Think they are called Robertshaw and Crawshaw. Does anyone on here live there and have access to a spirit level?:hihi:

Piccy taken tonight, but it was getting dark and it was raining!

If you notice the street lighting column seems to be leaning at the same angle.....try using a tripod :)

All 3 towers seem to lean as you go up the hill - The Arts Tower is straight by comparison.

the road is leaning to the left.

A picture is in the first post. :) Forget comments about camera angle and road camber etc- I took the picture to illustrate the effect observed when the towers are observed with the naked eye as you drive up the hill. :o

I live in Cornhill, which is the one just out of shot of the photograph, and can say that I've never noticed any sloping surfaces. It did wobble a bit during the earthquake a few weeks ago though

Your lens is slightly wide angled and the effect you are describing is caused by perspective and the distortion caused by the lens.

If you look at my webpage here

Netherthorpe tower blocks

You will see that they are straight and true.

Have lived in both the Cornhill and the Adamfield before being lucky enough to escape LOL

Hated living on the top floor, especially after a hard days work, nipping to town for some shopping on the way home, only to find that BOTH lifts weren't working!!! Cursed that day as I had frozen goodies that needed to get into the freezer ASAP

Top that with the lifts getting stuck between floors ........ oh, how I have always had a fear of lifts and that just exasperated it LOL

Anyhoo, less of the rambling, never noticed whilst in the flats that they tilted permanently to one side. But they did wobble during the last earthquake a few years ago.

Have you got one leg longer than the other?

My son has a flat in Adamfield. He loves it there. Very close to university and town centre. He also has very nice neighbours.