Bad experience at the Sherwood Pub at Frecheville

iS IT JUST ME OR DO OTHERS FIND THE LANDLADY AT THE FRECHEVILLE PUB VERY INTIMIDATING. WENT IN WITH MY WIFE AND BROTHER FOR A SUNDAY AFTERNOON DRINK. WE GOT SERVED WITH OUR DRINKS THEN FOUND A SPACE FOR US TO LINGER (OR SO WE THOUGHT) . SHE CAME CHARGING TOWARDS US LIKE A GREYHOUND OUT OF TRAP ONE . SAYING MY WAITRESSES NEED SPACE TO SERVE SUNNER DINNER YOU CANNOT STAY THERE AND THE DUMMY WAITER IS NO PLACE TO PUT YOUR DRINK

S. wITHOUT WAITING FOR AN ANSWER SHE THEN SHOT OFF BACK TO THE BAR. MY WIFE WAS FUMING SHE SAID WHO IS THE CUSTOMER HERE. I REALISED ITS BUSY BUT THERE IS AWAY OF TALKING TO PEOPLE. I WORK WITH THE PUBLIC AND IF I SPOKE TO THEM LIKE SHE DOES AND GETS AWAY WITH THEN I WOULD BE SACKED. AS ANYBOBY ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS.:loopy:

No.

And why all the caps? No need to shout. :rolleyes:

this is my brothers local and he says its the best pub that local to us .ive meet the land lady a few times and seems ok to me.you must have got her on a bad day which we all have .:hihi:

This is my local and most of the time she is like this. Thats why i am shouting cos i go out with the wife for a quiet drink and this is the reaction i get. its not as if she does not know us. I do realise sundays can be very busy but its the way she speaks to you .

iS IT JUST ME OR DO OTHERS FIND THE LANDLADY AT THE FRECHEVILLE PUB VERY INTIMIDATING. WENT IN WITH MY WIFE AND BROTHER FOR A SUNDAY AFTERNOON DRINK. WE GOT SERVED WITH OUR DRINKS THEN FOUND A SPACE FOR US TO LINGER (OR SO WE THOUGHT) . SHE CAME CHARGING TOWARDS US LIKE A GREYHOUND OUT OF TRAP ONE . SAYING MY WAITRESSES NEED SPACE TO SERVE SUNNER DINNER YOU CANNOT STAY THERE AND THE DUMMY WAITER IS NO PLACE TO PUT YOUR DRINK

S. wITHOUT WAITING FOR AN ANSWER SHE THEN SHOT OFF BACK TO THE BAR. MY WIFE WAS FUMING SHE SAID WHO IS THE CUSTOMER HERE. I REALISED ITS BUSY BUT THERE IS AWAY OF TALKING TO PEOPLE. I WORK WITH THE PUBLIC AND IF I SPOKE TO THEM LIKE SHE DOES AND GETS AWAY WITH THEN I WOULD BE SACKED. AS ANYBOBY ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS.:loopy:

*Puts fingers in her ears at the shouting*

Firstly, do you mean the Sherwood or do you mean the Frecheville? They are two separate pubs.

If you were in the way of the dumb waiter, and preventing the staff from serving/ clearing things away, the LL has every right to ask you to move out of the way. Even if she needs to serve "sunner"dinners. I'm sure there are areas clearly marked to say keep this area clear.

Intimidating? As a LL she needs to have authority, so she can deal with any low lives that might try to come in. I am on a committee of a a society which meets in the function room there, and we have never found her or her staff anything but helpful, and welcoming.

it's my mates local , and he says if you give her a bit back she's fine , but obviously don't start calling her a "fat ignorant cow" :hihi: (his words not mine)

I was in Sunday lunchtime and yes she did ask us to move out of the way so that the waitress could get through. Please dont forget it was Easter Sunday. it was full, the barstaff, kitchen staff and waitresses were all rushed off their feet. The Landlady can be a bit sharp but she dosn't mean half she says, it's her nature and considering how busy they were you need to make exceptions. Standing in front of a doorway isn't really the place to stand. I go in most afternoons and honestly her bark is worse than her bite unless drunkeness or drugs are involved, then you should see her go.

We had lunch there on Sunday for the first time and were really impressed! The landlady was rushed off her feet but took the time to ensure we enjoyed our meal. She had asked on the microphone several times for people not to stand there so maybe you and your wife nipped in between announcements?

To be fair you went to the pub on one of the busiest days of the year, stood in front of the serving area and were probably not the first. What did you expect?

This is my local and I love it but yes the landlady can be like this a lot of the time.

Find a better boozer frankly...Yes she was wrong to be abrupt. She's in a service industry, so manners are a bit of a pre-requisit really I would of thought. She can save her "bluntness" for the folks who deserve it.