Sign in to follow this  

Ford Focus and car thieves

Originally posted by oasismark

I've got a Focus, fitted it with an alarm, straight away, but i tend to leave the radio thing in cos it's such a pain.

Was thinking of getting a new stereo just so i don't have to keep taking it in and out everytime. May well do that now.

How much can i expect to get if i sell the ford radio and cd player?

It's a ghia saloon, (if that makes a difference?)

Check your insurance too in case you lose the facia! The company I used to work for didn't cover loss of it on the car insurance, which is fair enough; however, it was also an exclusion on the personal posessions away from home section of contents insurance as it was classified as 'car parts'!

K x

My wife had the front fog lights stolen from her Focus last year. I still haven't got round to replacing them, thinking that they will be back for the new ones. I've also heard that Focus's are being targeted for their airbags.

Iv had my FF two years it came with alarm as standard.

No breakins yet (touch wooden computer desk) but Birminghams not the best area to drive round never mind park up.

The thing here is car jacking so you have to drive with all your doors locked, I never had to do that in Sheff.

Not to mention air bags. They are high up on the list also.

Originally posted by Lickszz

Not to mention air bags. They are high up on the list also.

:confused: How do you steal an air bag? :confused: Why? :confused:

Oops, just lost my 'Scouser' status :D

I don't know exactly how, I'm not a thief, but I have been told it's quick and easy.

Why - because there must be a market for them and they must be able to sell them on at a decent price.