Forced marriages in the news again

What is the story? You could be lying for all I know, I didn't see Calendar. Provide some background, that's forum etiquette, is it not?

I think it was Look North actualy, not Calender.

It just featured yet another case of a Pakistani woman being ostricized and threatened with violence by her own family because she refused to marry a total stranger that her family had had lined up ready for her since she was eight.

Edited by Shy talk

I think it was Look North actualy, not Calender.

It just featured yet another case of a a Pakistani woman being ostricized and threatened with violence by her own family because she refused to marry a total stranger that her family had had lined up ready for her since she was eight.

it was on Calendar, and the woman was British

Odd that the woman interviewed is British born, though, no?
i saw this on calendar and it was pretty horiffic what happened to her sister who took her own life and the lady on calendar said it was better for her to have done that than bring shame upon the family and this from her own mother :loopy:. but then i guess you have a perfectly explanation for it :huh: