Pitsmoor in the fifties

edgar street ,harleston street and petre street anybody out there who remember`s the early fifties in this area.haven`t seen it in forty years.

edgar street ,harleston street and petre street anybody out there who remember`s the early fifties in this area.haven`t seen it in forty years.

Hi Castley,

Did you used to live there? What school did you go to? You might know my family,

Lisa

hi

lived on edgar st. and I went to burngreave secondry modern and left in 1953. Played on smiths field and the wreck at the end of edgar st. Saw a photograph of edgar st recently, it looked pretty grim but I never noticed at the time and had some happy times there.

Hi CASTLEY I lived on sedan st at that era , bought a couple of houses and a joiners shop, but prior to that from 1935 to 1946 l lived with my parents on earldom st across from Pashley's pastry shop, the big yard , that would be Bill Wade's repair garage at that time, l went to All Saints , was taught by Mr Hall, POP Simons was the head, it was a shame that the Church was demolished and that monstrosity put in it's place don't you think, in fact they did the same to a lot of good houses and uprooted a lot of good people ,in the guise of progress , some progress if one looks at the area now. Cheers Arthur

hi

lived on edgar st. and I went to burngreave secondry modern and left in 1953. Played on smiths field and the wreck at the end of edgar st. Saw a photograph of edgar st recently, it looked pretty grim but I never noticed at the time and had some happy times there.

Any chance you might know where you saw the photo of Edgar Street? I lived there from '53 to early 60s - I'd love to find a piccy of it. Thanks.

:o:oHI All,and Hi Arfer Mo.I lived on Petre St the other side of Pashleys Went to All Saints School but cant remember any of the teachers names.I would love a photo of Erldom St and also the corner of Petre and Sutherland road where the fish shop was.I also agree about that horrible thing thats been built where that beautiful church was,what a waste.I havent seen Pitsmoor for 32 years so i suppose its changed heaps.cheers ps (hows France)??

Any chance you might know where you saw the photo of Edgar Street? I lived there from '53 to early 60s - I'd love to find a piccy of it. Thanks.

Hi cousin Andrew,

you will find some great pics on here,

http://picturesheffield.com/database.html

Edited by graystreet

Hi Greystreet, (John)

Pity you cannot go through 360 degrees , so you could turn the pictures of EDGAR St around , one can make out 'COLLIES' SHOP

Ciao Y'r Uncle