Earthquake - Sheffield... and the rest of the UK 00:58 27 Feb

Bruno

silly question!!

i felt it in mansfield

does anyone know where this earthquake originally came from???

Market Rasen 5.2 on rictar. Man injured in Barnsley after chimney came through roof, but thats all i've heard / read.....Insurance co. already saying in the 10's of millions damage (typical):roll:

We were playing scrabble at time and it was very un-nerving, when the floor under our feet began shaking and it built to the hopuse shaking, the patio doors rattling in a wave then gone. Even hubby was freaked by it and little bothers him. Our 8yr old has Autism and though a little scared on impact has handled it great (thank goodness). reports of on of this size approx every 30 years, yet reports are telling of 1 in 2002, 1 in 90's and the 5.4 in 80's, why do they treat us as though we are stupid. Maybe if we were more in the know, we'd be far less scared of these types of things.

1am last night, just put the babbi to sleep and was talking to the mrs in bed when we heard the noise. A slow chugging that sped up in a matter of seconds like the Titanic was parking up outside! the whole house began to shake violently and as we both jumped out of bed at the same time the ceiling started to creak and we thought it was caving in on us! :o

I can honestly say we've never been so scared ( apart from almost falling off a mountain whilst abroad:| ) Quickly taking the baby downstairs and trying to get our breath back.

The whole street was out, people wondering what had happened. Good old Sky News were the first to report it and I ended up watching that till 3.30am. Now I'm shattered at work:)