Disgusting Behaviour on Malin Bridge Tram Yesterday Evening

BruciesBabe - Is there any way we can track the progress of the complaint that you had lodged with Supertram?

About 6 months ago or so, I remember there was a similar incident. A couple of kids paid for their fare upto University amd then continued to travel further. The conductor pulled them up and then asked them to either pay the full fare or get off at the next stop. When they did, one of them made some remark and also tried to spit at the conductor. The conductor made it a point to ensure that none of the passengers stepped on the spit that landed near the door.

A week later, there were posters in the supertram carrying warnings about Anti-Social behaviour. Interestingly, it carried words to the effect that legal action had been taken against someone who had recently spat at a conductor.

I'm not sure how getting a spit sample helps, unless they have a database to compare it to it doesn't help them catch the person.

The sample alone might not help. But when you combine that with the images from the CCTV cameras, it might help to establish a confirmed match.

Well don't put up with it then - give 'em a piece of your mind and they'll be less likely to do it again.

I have to disagree. The thought that these kind of children will simply not do it again after being given a peice of someone's mind is completely :loopy:

These children have no respect for other people these days. When I was a kid, which wasn't that long ago, there was a huge pressure on us to be 'cool'. The only thing with me was I knew the circumstances I would face from my parents if they knew I had done such an act, so I simply didn't do things like that. I smoked and drank, but we did this away from were we may disturb people.

The issue here is there is no discipline or respect anymore.

I too am appalled by their behaviour. I have come across the same sort of thing in Buxton afew months back from a gang of mouthy teenage girls. That were shouting, swearing and being obnoctious to anyone who dared look at them in KFC.

The manager went and had a polite word with them but it didn't stop them and to be honest I was getting fed up of them as I had just gone in for a quiet coffee while I was waiting for my son to finish uni. I went over to their table shouted at the top of my voice to shut the F... up or I'll smack your f****** faces in and what bloody wimps they were, all mouth, didn't hear another word out of them, until they left when one of them shouted 'bitch' before they all rang of. cowards unfortunately you have to sink down to their level and be abusive before they will take notice. And Yes I do blaim the parents. Many of them are too wrapped up in themselves to be bothered what their kids are upto. I do think it would be a good idea to make everyone sit a parent test before they are allowed to bring up children. I'm sorry if this offends people but far too many people have kids that don't have the money to support them or the time so they rely on the state and we all end up paying for their mistakes.

I have never once smacked my son in his 17 years of life. Rarely have I needed to raise my voice, He is told each and every day how much he is loved. He has been brought up to respect other people, their believes and other ways of life. He has his own thoughts on the world which differ to ours but we encourage it, after all it would be horrible to die a copy.

He has never wanted for anything and has travelled the world and seen more cultures and visited more places in his 17 years than most people would have been or seen in their entire lives but he is not spoiled and he certainly would never be as rude as most of the teenagers are today. I dread to think what the world will be like for future generations.

My sister who like me lives in a nice house in the Peak has been trying for a baby for years, she's been through quite a few attempts at ivf which costs her £7,000 each time.

She has now decided to adopt, They have had all the important tests like health, financial, criminal checks and been on adoption courses. She works at the local primary school and my brother in law has a well paid job in Sheffield, Both are in their mid 30's Nice house, loads of love to give, plenty of room in the beautiful Hope Valley so they are the perfect couple to bring up a family. Yet they have still got to do more tests and go on yet different courses, It is just stupid. She has to fill out pages on how it felt every time she found out her ivf didn't work. :rolleyes:?? I'm sure everyone knows how she felt without having to go over them on paper each and every bloody time! There are supposed to be lots of kids in care looking for loving homes but the all these tests and diaries you have to keep is enough to put even the most dedicated off adopting. I had thought that I might put myself forward as a foster or adoptive parent. I'm only in my 30's, got the room, time, money and love to share but have decided against it after hearing all what my sister has to do. So you can imagine how angry it gets me to see people having kids that don't care for them and they let them amuse themselves making other peoples life a misery.

its a shame the police are too lenient on these little scrubs!!!

they need to grow up and get a life!!!

No, it's not the Police who are too lenient, it's the CPS who decide whether to prosecute or not.

As others have said on here, CCTV evidence is available and a witness to this appalling behaviour (the OP) is available. The bloke who was spat on may not be identified and the Conductress may not wish to become involved, but if a complaint is made, these scumbags could be prosecuted under the Public Order Act.

But as I've said above (and on countless other related threads previously) it's down to a CPS decision in the likely event these 'angels' deny responsibility.

Surely they could be recognised from the CCTV footage, especially if they'er already known to the police. I guess it's not an effective use of resources / bigger fish to fry / etc. :mad:

If they don't know about it, how can they respond??

It doesn't have to be the OP for a Public Order complaint, it could be anyone........yes, even you could do something positive.

The issue here is there is no discipline or respect anymore.

Simply not true, there are hundreds of well mannered and well behaved young people in Sheffield, its the sad sorry few who get the rest a bad name.

Simply not true, there are hundreds of well mannered and well behaved young people in Sheffield, its the sad sorry few who get the rest a bad name.

You are SO right ! I get so cross when folk generalise about young people. There are no more bad young people as there are bad adults or OAPs.

the countries in a mess, too many do gooders have created a nanny state full of yob and chav culture! bring back the birch or national service or failing that a judicial system that makes you want to behave instead of a so called cell with playstations and mp3s . . .and before anyone calls me an old fart im 38 . .im not whiter than white but for all my faults i still respect my elders and fellow humans.

the countries in a mess, too many do gooders have created a nanny state full of yob and chav culture! bring back the birch or national service or failing that a judicial system that makes you want to behave instead of a so called cell with playstations and mp3s . . .and before anyone calls me an old fart im 38 . .im not whiter than white but for all my faults i still respect my elders and fellow humans.

Bet you read the Daily Mail though !

Bet you read the Daily Mail though !

:hihi::hihi::hihi:....:| sorry I didn't mean to laugh ;)