Stanley St/Wicker. People parking on double yellows.

Stanley St is a road that goes off Wicker near the pharmacy.

Now the inner relief road has opened, the 53 bus service from Lowedges - City - Ecclesfield has started to use the road again.

The road is quite narrow so there are double yellow lines on both sides of the road near the junction with Wicker to stop vehicles from blocking the entrance and the turning circle of buses.

However cars and white vans are consistently flouting these double yellows making it difficult and sometimes impossible for wider vehicles like 53 buses from acessing the road.

This adds to already long and frustrating delays on the 53 service and causes tailbacks on Wicker as the 53 is stuck until the selfish driver returns to their vehicle and moves.

the answer to this, and to the cretins who do not understand what double yellow lines/ bus stop markings are for, should be to put one of those cattle ploughs on the front of the buses, to let the bus shove the offending car out of the way.

A cctv should be used, and the event filmed, and sent to the prat's insurance company, to render their policy null and void for any damage caused to the vehicle. The damage should be paid for, entirely out of the prat's own pocket.

This might teach the wallies.

Or perhaps the council parking wardens (assuming they still exist - I never see them) could be directed to do something useful like ticket parked cars illegally blocking such junctions and also those that park in the bus lanes.

I like Plain Talkers idea! That would be quality. Oh and to see the owners reaction on returning to their vehicle!

You just know what the reaction would be.

"Well I didn't notice the yellow lines."

Stanley St is a road that goes off Wicker near the pharmacy.

Now the inner relief road has opened, the 53 bus service from Lowedges - City - Ecclesfield has started to use the road again.

The road is quite narrow so there are double yellow lines on both sides of the road near the junction with Wicker to stop vehicles from blocking the entrance and the turning circle of buses.

However cars and white vans are consistently flouting these double yellows making it difficult and sometimes impossible for wider vehicles like 53 buses from acessing the road.

This has been happening for years. I have passed the place twice every weekday for nigh on 10 years and have NEVER seen a traffic warden ticketing. :suspect:

My former colleagues at Sheffield Council have noted this thread and have asked Parking Services to investigate.

planner, can you also get your collaegues pointed in the direction of Wostenholm Road, too please, and deal with the cretins parking in the bus bay, just beyond the lights at the junction with Sharrow Lane? I'd be most grateful.

I had to travel all the way round that part of the route, today, because I could not exit the bus. The bus could not get anywhere near the kerb, to deploy the ramp, to let me and my wheelchair off, becasue of the cretins who were parked up on the thick-yellow lines. This also happened to me, yesterday, too.

Most aggravating

People just don't seem to understand double yellow lines and realise they're often there for reasons of safety. People park on a daily basis on double yellow lines right on the corner of pretty much every side road coming off Ecclesall Rd, making it virtually impossible for cars turning on to the road to see any oncoming vehicles, and slowing the flow of traffic on Eccy Rd. Well done!

It also affects the 47/48

oh god, is that the service that goes out of town towards the wicker, then back into town towards corporation street / nursery street, then back out of town through pitsmoor, just to pick up a single passenger?

has the IRR improved things?

oh god, is that the service that goes out of town towards the wicker, then back into town towards corporation street / nursery street, then back out of town through pitsmoor, just to pick up a single passenger?

has the IRR improved things?

Yes it is and it hasnt really as they get stuck at stanley st now.

People just don't seem to understand double yellow lines

what are them 2 yellow lines for??:huh::huh: