Karate lessons for 5 year old

Does anyone know of anywhere that does karate lessons or similar suitable for 5 year old around S6 or near.

Many Thanks!

There's taekwondo classes run by instructor Andy Hill. They're on Monday evenings and Saturday lunchtimes at Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Wednesday evenings at 393 Club on Langsett Road and he also does Thursday evenings at Concord Leisure Centre on Shiregreen.

On the Saturday lessons he does have lots of kids there, although I'm not sure if 5 would be too young.

You could try Tae Kwon Do at the Burton Street project in Hillsborough - contact Peter Tyler on 07951837842 for more info - it's a new class, that's just started up.

Hope this helps!

There's one in Crosspool on a Monday and/or Thursday. My 6 year old goes and enjoys it.

If that isn't too far, I can give you details.

G

Hillsborough Leisure Centre, Wednesdays and Fridays 6.15 to 7.45 PM. Chief Instructor Barry S Nash (call him Sensei to his face though) 7th Dan black belt, over 40 years experience, he's good but he is sometimes reluctant to take on younger kids as he's very strict and particular about it being hard work.

Come along and have a chat with him though, he might let your lad try it and see if he likes it.

Does anyone know of anywhere that does karate lessons or similar suitable for 5 year old around S6 or near.

Many Thanks!

I remember a lot of young kids used to go to a dojo above appollo video on london road run by stan (great guy) - think it might have closed down or moved now.

There's a really good Matt Fiddes class at Fitness First, they're good with younger kids

Karate doesn't work, save your money!

dave200405, the Sheffield Karate Centre still goes, Stan was one of the instructors, but Vic still runs it, it runs from Sharrow Nursery School, (or the school next door to Rossis. Monday night about 6.00. My son started from five, its good at helping with attention and following instructions, boys particularly struggle with this. The fitness thing helps but Karate is not just about this.

kids soon get board with it soon after they get their suits.

dave200405, the Sheffield Karate Centre still goes, Stan was one of the instructors, but Vic still runs it, it runs from Sharrow Nursery School, (or the school next door to Rossis. Monday night about 6.00. My son started from five, its good at helping with attention and following instructions, boys particularly struggle with this. The fitness thing helps but Karate is not just about this.

this class doesn't run anylonger....the rent was too high:mad:

the class is now on a wed at endcliff united reform church just past hunter bar roundabout-opposite the tennis club.

the youngest students there are about 12 though so may not be suitable for a 5 yr old.