Boys brigade - Does it still exist?

Hi TFishcake, Thanks for the photo - I haven't got that one.

The ladies are , left - right, Dora Reynolds ( Ian and Barrie's mum who was a Life Boy leader), Valerie Whiteley and Jean Oldman (both people from church who must have gone to help).

Both Valerie and Jean still go to Grimesthorpe Chapel.

Any more would be gratefully received !

Cheers, John

Hi TFishcake, Thanks for the photo - I haven't got that one.

The ladies are , left - right, Dora Reynolds ( Ian and Barrie's mum who was a Life Boy leader), Valerie Whiteley and Jean Oldman (both people from church who must have gone to help).

Both Valerie and Jean still go to Grimesthorpe Chapel.

Any more would be gratefully received !

Cheers, John

:wave:Hi John,:wave: here is one taken at St. Brelards Bay Jersey the names I've got are, front left to right:-Keith Warrinder,Graham Wells,my brother Tommy Fisher, Tommy Clark, ? ,top row:- Tony Naylor, Keith Broughton, Terry Longdon, ? .

jersey4.jpg

Thanks again TFishcake, Its good to see as many of these old photos as we can find. The older I get the more I love nostalgia !!

By the way, I don't think I know you name or have I forgotten it ? Can you please send me a PM if you don't want your name to be public.

Thanks John

Thanks again TFishcake, Its good to see as many of these old photos as we can find. The older I get the more I love nostalgia !!

By the way, I don't think I know you name or have I forgotten it ? Can you please send me a PM if you don't want your name to be public.

Thanks John

:wave:Hi John,:wave: I don't mind, the name is Terry Fisher,as I've said I'm the younger brother of Tommy Fisher, I used to be in the Life-Boys at Wesley Hall before going into the B.B. (50th) then transfering to St. Thomas's (21st).

I was in the 46th st peters, Heeley in the 70,s,

enjoyed it very much playing cricket in meersbrook park,

also marching around Heeley after church service, quite proud of the uniform we wore then. Still have it somewhere.

I wonder if anyone recognises anybody on here?

It was taken 12 Dec 1962 outside Buckingham Palace after a group of us from Sheffield had been presented with our Gold DEA Awards.

Right to left is Barry Trigg (Beck Road) ; next ?; John Spencer (Firth Park), Roger Stoney ( wasn't in BB but did his Gold expedition with us), me John Moore, ?, ? ,?

Any offers of names to fill the gaps?

John

12dec1962buckpalace.jpg

JOHN . the person next to Barry Trigg is Alan Clegg (as far as i know he is active in the St Johns Ambulance Brigade

Hi All

i was in the 29th Sheffield from 1968 to 1976.

Does anyone remember Ron Waterhouse, the Captain? Memorable officers would include Steve Gill, Keith Horner, Graham Commander and Barry Fitch.

Other posters mentioned Barry Trigg, an officer from a neighbouring company. We went on several camps with him in the early 70's - great fun!

Regards

DD

Thanks John

:wave:Hi John :wave:, here are a couple more photos from my brother, they were taken at Jersey about the same time as the one with the crabs.jersey3.jpg this one is taken outside an old German bunker. jersey2.jpg this one taken round the same time.

JOHN . the person next to Barry Trigg is Alan Clegg (as far as i know he is active in the St Johns Ambulance Brigade

Thanks for that Clown. I am kicking myself. I went on my Gold DEA exepedition with Alan - my memory must be bad !!

Cheers, John

:wave:Hi John :wave:, here are a couple more photos from my brother, they were taken at Jersey about the same time as the one with the crabs.jersey3.jpg this one is taken outside an old German bunker. jersey2.jpg this one taken round the same time.

Hi Terry, Thanks for your 2 latest photos. The bunker you talk about is the famous German Underground Hospital.

Both photos must have been taken when I was in Life Boys ie before 1955. On the one outside the boys club Harry Jarvis is stilll a boy in the company and there are quite a few I don't recognise. I will send it to Les Cusworth for him to pick out names.

Cheers, John

Oddly enough I was talking to a Scottish friend of mine the other day, and we discussed the BB. He was a former member back in Ayrshire, and I was a member out of Hillsborough Tabernacle from about 1978-82. We had some good times, including a great camping trip to the IOW.

Cheers for the memories