South Yorkshire Police officer march at Westminster

well done boys and girls in blue.

the police are not protesting about the loss of 200 pounds, they are protesting about the back handed way the government has gone about taking the money from them.

i will not go into the intricacies of the matter it has been covered before in the news and on this forum.

they have my 100% support.

i applaud anyone who gives up time and puts themselves in the way of danger. doing it for nothing? as a special does?? they are extraordinary people who desreve respect if nothing else from every other member of the public.

darbees - you are always very opinionated when the conversation get round to policing. i suggest you give the specials a try and them put your opinion up front.

The boys (and girls) in blue go into this job knowing full well what the salary is and what the work entails. It is a good salary and they also enjoy very good sickness and pension benefits which the private sector can only dream of. I can turn your remark suggesting I join the specials around and suggest that Mr/Ms Average copper has a look to see what s/he has to do to earn that amount in private sector.

The boys (and girls) in blue go into this job knowing full well what the salary is and what the work entails. It is a good salary and they also enjoy very good sickness and pension benefits which the private sector can only dream of. I can turn your remark suggesting I join the specials around and suggest that Mr/Ms Average copper has a look to see what s/he has to do to earn that amount in private sector.

This part alone is priceless, as stated most people can only dream of such benefits.

:huh:

What, if they had been steelworkers or Miners they no doubt would have been portrayed as a money grabbing mob, why is this protest a impressive sight.

:huh:

Actually thats a bloody good point.

I wonder who will lead mounted charges at THEM and start fights with them, like they did to the miners and poll tax protesters....

But doesnt their walking into the job knowing what it entails a reason alone to give `em a pat on the back? If I knew the aggro Id have to put up with during a shift, I certainly wouldnt have the nads to take on the job.
No, they walk ino the job knowing how much they will earn and the conditions, same as any other job. If people give them a pat on the back, that's a bonus.

This part alone is priceless, as stated most people can only dream of such benefits.

And do 'most people' pay £324.92 towards their pension, as I did this and every other month? No.

I agree the pension scheme is a good one, but look at the sums we contribute towards it!