Where to get GHD's (or similar) cheap?

Ive got babiliss, they have a controlable thermostat and heat upto 230 with ceramic plates, and only £30 from asda .... they are just as good as any ghd's

Im glad you posted that ! I cannot believe that some people insist on having (and paying top price for) GHDs.

I have naturally VERY curly/frizzy hair, and ive never paid more than £35 for a pair of straighteners. My hair is soooo straight when i straighten it, that people do not believe that i'm a natural curly. All (or at least, MOST) good brands who make ceramic straighteners do more or less the same job. And all the ones ive looked at lately go up to 210/230 degrees. I have to use wide plate ones as my hair is so thick and out of control lol.

I use these at the mo - http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1071542&classificationid=1049877 (Boots have a few on sale at the mo actually)

and had these last time round - http://www.salonlines.co.uk/straighteners/babyliss-wide-plate-slimline-body/

There are always GHDs on ebay if you really want them though.

I wanted some GHD's just before Christmas, especially a pink pair. After posting on SF I bought some FHI's. I did a google search and the reviews are great I would very highly reccomend them, they reach a temp of 230 degrees. I got them in pink with next day delivery (before 1pm) for 64.99 also came with heat mat, treatment, hairbrush and sectioning clips. :)

I just paid £95 for FHI's.... I was in a hurry and needed some pronto! :(

Anyone who wants GHDs or she I can do a deal coz we own a salon and i can get you discount on them...just pm me

I want some pink mk4 ghds. the one with the set of hair clips n gift pack. please help scammy :)

Ahhh thats a shame, were did you get them from? I got mine from saloneasy.com They are very good though have you tried them yet? xxx

I have, but I've got to be honest, they are EXACTLY the same as my old Kodo ones, which were way cheaper - about £50 two or three year ago. You can tell that they've been made by the same people, they are exactly the same shape, with all the ridges in the same place, albeit a different (and funkier) colour (red plates, black body). The only other thing that differs is the name on the hinges.

Oooh, they go upto 230º now instead of 210º. I'm hoping the technology has got better too or else I've just wasted loads of money! :(

I got them from Sallys, at Heeley. When I have to get something, I have to have it now, I'm a nightmare like that.

I should have just waited for some more responses on here. Never mind. :)

Thanks everyone for your replies, anyway. :)