Waste Carrier's Licence - Are You Aware?

Are you aware of Waste Carrier's Licence and Householders Responsibilities?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Are you aware of Waste Carrier's Licence and Householders Responsibilities?

• Aware of Carrier's Licence requirement
    • NOT aware of Carrier's licence requirement
    • Aware of Householder's obligations
    • UNAWARE of Householders obligations
    • Aware but choose to disregard

What a time to set me a challenge - give me five - I'll be back!

(thought the other links would have been good enough! - r you coming to represent us :hihi::roll:

your other links only proved otherwise they are ambigous and only apply to waste carriers seen nothing yet that actually states what I asked

simply put I DO A JOB FOR YOU, I REPLACE YOUR FENCE, I TAKE THE OLD FENCE BACK TO MY YARD OR PREMISES, PROVE TO ME I HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO BREAK THE LAW. I HAVE DONE NOTHING THAT BREAKS ANY LAW THAT I KNOW OFF.

THAT IS BASICALLY WHAT YOU STATED IN YOUR FIRST POST

Ricky, wish it was only that simple.

You think like that, we thought like that, didn't believe we were doing a thing wrong! THE FACT is (and I have spoken to th environmental agency today) if you remove anything in the course of your work from a person's property and you CARRY it in your vehicle, then you need a licence. It is not simply the disposal of it, it is the CARRYING of it. And this DOES apply to ANY business.

Like I say, just trying to run a legit business, registered for tax, vehicles taxed and insured and we get hit with this! (PS - Do you have a business??)

Ricky, wish it was only that simple.

You think like that, we thought like that, didn't believe we were doing a thing wrong! THE FACT is (and I have spoken to th environmental agency today) if you remove anything in the course of your work from a person's property and you CARRY it in your vehicle, then you need a licence. It is not simply the disposal of it, it is the CARRYING of it. And this DOES apply to ANY business.

Like I say, just trying to run a legit business, registered for tax, vehicles taxed and insured and then some A****hole hits us with this!

(PS - Do you have a business??)

listen I am not being obnoxious or trying to downcry you I just cannot see what laws have been infringed I honestly believe you have been hard done too. I cannot see any offence as been committed within the meaning of the law. I am not arguing against you I AM ON YOUR SIDE tomorrow I will research this matter and I will get back to you. will you please send by pm the actual goverment organisation that told you you will get a summons.

I am signing off now I have had a long day. I am on your side.

in answer to your question do I have a business I am 64 and retired

but I have been self employed all my working life so I do have a little knowledge we will beat the ******** cannot say the exact word on here

Cheers!

The government organisation is The Environment Agency. I have to say we were stunned, but I have looked into it and it appears to be correct - if you can find something to beat the ********* then I would be eternally grateful! (Very interestingly, the lad I spoke to at the environment agency conceded that there were lots that weren't aware of this law, but they were trying to make people more aware) What a way to do it, summons someone for breaking a law they don't even know about!

Good night

after checking numerous web sites it appears that you are half right in your assumption that a licence is required however your husband does not need to purchase a licence what he needs to have is a valid exemption certificate to carry non hazardous waste these can be otained simply by phoning the envoirment agency and giving a few details and the exemption is for life or until the circumstances change.

you do have to buy a licence at all.

Your husband in all likelyhood will not receive a summons, he will recieve a warning and information on how to obtain an exemption or how to buy a licence.

you are right in the assumption that it is against the law and as been for a couple of years. so before you rush out and pay £144 apply for a exemption, and from the information I have gleaned from the net and a phone call to the ********** he is entitled to a exemption certificate.

the chance of recieving a summons are extremely slim if the facts you have given are correct

it was a white van which said environmental agency.

Ricky, upon researching, it does not appear that we are exempt - it would only apply if we were moving materials within oyur own premises from one area to another - NOT carrying waste materials from a customers house to dispose of - it does not only apply to hazardous waste.