SLR digital camera - Now bought!

BoroughGal

Hullo!

Inspired by some brilliant photo's on here, I'm thinking of buying a bit of kit in the New Year.

Can anyone tell me what sort of things are desirable? I've not got much of a budget, I reckon about £300 ish, so can anyone advise me on anything around that mark that offers a lot for the money? Do you know what sort of lenses and stuff I'd need?

I'm totally in the dark with this, I want to have a go at getting better, but don't really know a thing about anything.

Cheers for ANY advice.... (and cheers Ash for the offer of a loan of your equipment, but when I get an idea in my head I just have to do it!)....

:D

imho - try and get ona day with Going Digital - after you've bought your camera. i've had an SLR on auto for 2 years before i went on a one day course.excellent and informal.

i'm a big fan of Canon,you might get a second hand 300 or 350d for your brass.the 400d is arond 450quid i think at the moment.

Ooooooh cheers for that! I'd like to go on a little course, so that I can do some funky effects, it sounds like a good idea. Are the courses pricey?

And do you have any tips for second hand cameras? Where to get them or what to look for?

Cheers.

Harrisons on London rd, i bought a 300 from there. CEX in town - we bought a refurb 300d for the son in law from there.

if you ring Harrisons they'll tell you if they have any in.

the day courses are £45 - the nearest is @ Hardwick Hall, but they are ideal to get to know your camera with other "virigins" and a couple of professionals.