Grand parent/child battles...

Hi all am writing cos im a bit annoyed. I have a son who is 9 ,he is my step son but we have custody of him and i have been there since he was 6mnth old. Am feeling a little annoyed at him right now. It was his birthday in jule and he had gone on and on about having a pair of nike trainers and a liverpool football kit ect. Which he got. Then last mnth was our youngest burthday he got bits and bats and the money he had off other people he got a pair of trainers from soccer sport with for 6 pound cos he needed some.

My mother in law has pulled me today and sai that our eldest was upset other week. I asked why and she said cos our youngest had got some new trainers and he had not. It really upset me he has gone and sai that to my M.I.L of all people. Would not mind but he does not go without he had 15 pound out of us last week for 2 trips and goews football training every wednesday. It just made me feel like i had neglected him or summit.

Am i wrong to feel this way. what would you do because it is now becoming a pain. He is always going back to mother in law and telling her so i get it in the kneck. charlie x

Hi all am writing cos im a bit annoyed. I have a son who is 9 ,he is my step son but we have custody of him and i have been there since he was 6mnth old. Am feeling a little annoyed at him right now. It was his birthday in jule and he had gone on and on about having a pair of nike trainers and a liverpool football kit ect. Which he got. Then last mnth was our youngest burthday he got bits and bats and the money he had off other people he got a pair of trainers from soccer sport with for 6 pound cos he needed some.

My mother in law has pulled me today and sai that our eldest was upset other week. I asked why and she said cos our youngest had got some new trainers and he had not. It really upset me he has gone and sai that to my M.I.L of all people. Would not mind but he does not go without he had 15 pound out of us last week for 2 trips and goews football training every wednesday. It just made me feel like i had neglected him or summit.

Am i wrong to feel this way. what would you do because it is now becoming a pain. He is always going back to mother in law and telling her so i get it in the kneck. charlie x

Wouldn't worry about it if mil is bugging you just tell her that the youngest got the trainers as part of a birthday presi as your older son did when it was his.

If this doesn't make her feel any better tell he she is more than welcome to buy eldest son a pair however should she purchase a pair she should also buy your youngest something to show that there is not favouritism within the family. If she doesn't want to buy anything don't worry you explain to your eldest the situation.

Children are experts at setting both ends against the middle.

My lad would cause no end of rows between me and his dad, by asking for an icepop/ ice cream about five minutes before I was going to serve tea.

I'd say, "No, sweetie, we are going to eat in five minutes, and it'll spoil your tea!"

A minute or two later, he'd come waltzing in, smirking, with the ice pop I'd just told him he couldn't have.

"where did you get that from?"

"daddy said I could have it"

*fx/ row between mummy and daddy.

Daddy:- "But I didn't KNOW you'd said no, he just asked for it, and I said OK!"

daddy and mummy learnt,( at tea time, particularly!) if dds said "can I have an icepop, to say "have you just asked Mummy/ daddy?"

"And what did Mummy/ daddy say? 'No?' Then what mummy/ daddy said goes! "

Simple.. cured a lot of our arguments, and we were singing from the same hymn sheet, which I think is very important when bringing kids up.

Wouldn't worry about it if mil is bugging you just tell her that the youngest got the trainers as part of a birthday presi as your older son did when it was his.

If this doesn't make her feel any better tell he she is more than welcome to buy eldest son a pair however should she purchase a pair she should also buy your youngest something to show that there is not favouritism within the family. If she doesn't want to buy anything don't worry you explain to your eldest the situation.

I have told him i am upset with him about the situation. And that him saying that to his nan made me feel like i had made him go with out to be awful. That i hadn't that it was part of his brothers birthday present. My M.I.L i told her the same but she is an expert when it comes to leaving our youngest out. She takes eldest away and buys him things and does not bother with our youngest.

I told her it was part of youngest birthday present. And had said i had looked for some trainers today for him. He would of got some sooner but with baby coming and xmas we have hardly had money. Plus the fact we payed out 20 pound last week for 2 trips and football training every week for our eldest. Which the youngest does not get. So i know no one can say im leaving him out,because my husbands family act like i would because he aint mine. The fact iv been there since he was 6mnth old counts for nothing. Anyway am gonna leave it now he will get his new trainers next week when we get paid,which we had said we was gonna do before the dragon in law bought the subject up. Charlie x