Top support for owls

Romario

Originally posted by IanMitchell

Not is isn't

The hatred between sides leads to more fouls which means less play and sportsmanship.

the less sportmanship comes from the desire to win at any cost!!

if there was not hatred between teams, ie wendy and united then crowds would dwindle, players would take less interest cause they would not get paid as much, and there would be less entertainment value

Originally posted by markham

And here's me thinking that the league tables are for indicating which team is better than the others:o

i.e. Those teams above you are better,.......and those below you are worse.

So, Manchester United are below Arsenal . . please tell me Markham who is better?

Wait, what about Chelsea above Arsenal . . who is better?

Originally posted by Lestat

Ok ****, you may be a unitedite but you've got to admit that Wednesday - out of both teams in the city - is the bigger. Basically through attendances and fans.

Also do you agree that most of the united fans are chavs?:D just kidding! dont get angry again!

I have never disputed that Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger fanbase, bigger ground and higher attendence than Sheffield United. Wednesday have also won more trophies and spent more time in the top divisions.

However, I think there are more things to consider if you are to determine which is currently the bigger club.

I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible when I say this; United are in a higher league, have a better team of players, have a manager with a great promotion record and are financially better off.

This could all change in the future. Football has a cruel way of turning everything on it's head, especially with the amount of money involved in todays game.

Just out of interest, do you consider wednesday to be bigger than say, Wigan? They have lower attendances than both united and wednesday but are more financially sound, higher placed in the league and have a manager who has taken a team to the premiership before.

So, Manchester United are below Arsenal . . please tell me Markham who is better?

when the end of season arrives, if chelsea are above arsenal/man utd they will be better

I would say both Arsenal and Chelsea are better placed to win trophies than Man Utd. Arsenal have looked incredible for a couple of years now, and Chelsea also look unstoppable at the moment.

This is not to say I consider Man Utd to be a poor team.

Er.......at this moment in time, Chelsea are better that Arsenal, and Arsenal are better than Man Utd, and Man Utd are better than Swindon and Swindon are better than Accrington Stanley.

Man Utd might have been better than Arsenal at some time in the past, and may be again in the future, but at this time, and according to league placings, Arsenal are better than ManUtd.

I typed slowly as you probably have difficulty reading fast as well!

Originally posted by Agent ****

I have never disputed that Sheffield Wednesday have a bigger fanbase, bigger ground and higher attendence than Sheffield United. Wednesday have also won more trophies and spent more time in the top divisions.

THANK YOU!:clap: :clap: THATS ALL IT TOOK!

As for the question about Wigan, No I dont think they are a bigger club. I know money is a major part in today's game but you have to look at other aspects of the club as well. Like the opportunities to attract good players, a board that actually cares about the clubs interests and not it's own pockets.

They may be financially sound at the moment but they must prepare for the higher leagues if they are to do well, alot of teams have gone up and then once they got relegated have not been able to get a secure foothold on the spending they were used to and also the lost revenue soon catches up with a team.

Originally posted by markham

Er.......at this moment in time, Chelsea are better that Arsenal, and Arsenal are better than Man Utd, and Man Utd are better than Swindon and Swindon are better than Accrington Stanley.

Man Utd might have been better than Arsenal at some time in the past, and may be again in the future, but at this time, and according to league placings, Arsenal are better than ManUtd.

I typed slowly as you probably have difficulty reading fast as well!

tell me, does your snout get in the way of your trotters when typing?