The Old Horns at Bradfield

We've found the complete opposite - all the staff, including management/owners, have always been extremely friendly and welcoming (and no, we don't know them personally and we don't live in Bradfield!).

The beer there is great, there's a good selection of cask ale and several continental wheat beers plus the usual assortment of soft drinks, cider, wine etc. If it's a nice day then it's a lovely place to sit outside, or inside is nice and cosy and they have a restaurant section as well if you want to eat there.

On the other hand, I wasn't at all impressed with the food when we ate there once - I had broccoli & potato bake and the veg was way overcooked and the whole thing tasted like a cheap microwave meal (or even some sort of reconstituted potato thing!). My boyfriend said his meal was OK, but I wouldn't choose to eat there again when there are so many excellent places to eat around Sheffield. We often go there for drinks though, it's a good place to go for a quiet evening out or after a walk near Bradfield during the day.

Management/owners always extremely friendly and welcoming?..........C'mon,surely the management are graduates of the Gordon Brown charm school are'nt they! but I agree with most of your other comments!

Hello everyone who has not been to the Old Horn Inn at High Bradfield this year 2009.

It is now under new management and it is superb. The menu is varied and caters for all.On a sunday there is a carvery serving from 12.00 noon until about 7.30pm and it is excellent. Give it a try!

They - or at least the previous tenants - took John Smith Magnet off! (Cask too, you don't come across it too often these days.) Humph indeedy.

But the Thwaite's beer seemed fine on my last visit some time ago.

Maybe it's time for another visit, perhaps on a nice spring day.

I don't know if it's changed with the new owners, (hopefully)! I don't recomend the restaurant, that bit is expensive and it's just meat with lots of different veg, the pub food side is much better.

It's funny there should be a thread about it so close to the top, I came here to comment on it.

I went in there recently for the first time in many years, I'd heard it'd changed hands but didn't even know it'd been refurbished. What a shocking s-hole it has become, it's just like one of the crummy watering holes of Hillsborough.

It struck me as being the absolute antithesis of what a country pub should be- noisy, hectic, full of loud yobs in trendy clothes, staff in uniforms, faux-rustic interior and most unforgiveable of all, terrible beer.

I was put off by how miserable and unfriendly the owners appeared to be when I last went in but I'd sooner it have stayed as it was. At least it had honest character.

Called in yesterday afternoon and the barmaid was pleasant and full of smiles.

The beer was good and it was nice to be able to sit outside in the sunshine.

Maybe that's it; the sunshine has lifted our collective gloom and put smiles on our faces!

Tried Sunday lunch, just average ... thats quality and price, won't be rushing back !!