Where to chat to Sheffield/Hallam Students

Do you know where students from Sheffield University or Sheffield Halam University meet and chat online?

Thanks

Originally posted by kill_bill

Do you know where students from Sheffield University or Sheffield Halam University meet and chat online?

Thanks

Probably here - everyone else does! :thumbsup:

There used to be a forum type thing run by Sheffield Union IT commitee. Don't think it is going any more though, and not sure how widely used it was amongst students.

But otherwise I guess there must be quite a good proportion of students on here, as they tend to have internet access more than the average person on the street.

Beware though, some people on here think students are all chavs and scum of the Earth... :loopy:

I don't think like that though, hell I've been a student most of my adult life since I was 19.

Originally posted by Yodameister

There used to be a forum type thing run by Sheffield Union IT commitee. Don't think it is going any more though, and not sure how widely used it was amongst students.

But otherwise I guess there must be quite a good proportion of students on here, as they tend to have internet access more than the average person on the street.

USIT as they were known ceased to exist. Why they ceased to exist I will not go into.

However the Chat facility that used to be hosted was one of the very first instant messaging type clients before MSN and Yahoo came big. It did used to be popular with students, but unfortunately towards the end attracted a very cliquey geeky type user.

I used to use this site http://www.studentuk.com but again this is nowhere near the site it used to be, unfortunately it is run down and very badly run as a business.

This site is okay, but it is not purely for students. Perhaps this might be a idea for someone with some server space to set up a phpbb forum for Sheffield Students, and a chat room. Wouldn't take too long to put together and I am sure it would be sucessful.

Originally posted by Rich

Beware though, some people on here think students are all chavs and scum of the Earth... :loopy:

I don't think like that though, hell I've been a student most of my adult life since I was 19.

work shy:suspect: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by robbie

work shy:suspect: :thumbsup:

Shut up, I am not work shy... I just can't get a job due to being disabled and the fact that here in the UK anti-dscrimination laws mean sweet f all out in the real job market.

I could rant for hours on this subject but meh, I'm tired and can't be arsed quite frankly.

Maybe we could ask them very nicely to set up a separate section for student messageboards on here?

Originally posted by kill_bill

Thanks

It's either UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD or SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY.

Honnest, there is no 'Sheffield University'... :mad::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Uni of Sheff

Hallam

I'm at Sheffield Hallam on a radiography course and if you're enrolled on a course at Hallam uni then all correspondence is done via email on the Firstclass server or on discussion boards on a website called Blackboard for your particular course.

On Firstclass there are loads of forums and discussion boards about all sorts of things- student life, study skills, course information, buying and selling stuff, jobs and general things similar to sheffield forum.

Not sure about the other uni if thats where your studying.

Yeah we at the UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD (sorry but I would have put Sheffield Uni out of habit rather than type it all out!) don't seem to have any kind of online forum or discussion facility which is a bit rubbish really. Where do we get to read/post all the gossip???