Sat nav problems

i do up to 900 miles in a day and tomtom is the only satnav,tried others and not even close,so be warned.i would freak out if something happened to it.and the joker that recomends maps,i bet you also drive a ford anglia to adsa!!

I have a Garmin Street Pilot which my family bought me as a pressie, one of the best things I have ever had, I wouldn't be without it, It always get's me to where I'm going, and back home again.:)

I have TomTom 1's. The only place where I have had problems is Southern Ireland. They work great in the rest of Europe (well in France, Holland and Germany) are the places I have been to and used it. I would say it's like most things computing if you put rubbish in you get rubbish out so watch all the spellings and post codes and you will be ok.

My beau and I use the sat nav sometimes, but one time it took us off the main road, around the countryside, down lanes barely wide enough to get the car through, down steep winding hills and then... back onto the main road we'd just left!

They all have their faults due to the lag of the satellite not updating the maps frequently enough. I heard that the new roads around town will take 2 years before they're in the sat' system.

Use the sat-nav with common sense and don't rely on everything it tells you!

Hi kel 89,

Got a garmin street pilot. Takes me off, gets me lost, then says "cannot navigate from here!! " Used twice, did this twice! Contacted Garmin who explained how to update, have done this but as yet not used it since.

I have a TomTom and it kept telling me to turn left, when there was no road to the left - it was pitch black, no lighting and no cars coming the other way... I discovered later it was trying to send me over the edge into the Grand Canyon...!!!!!