Sharrowvale Parking Scheme - new thread

The council are asking for residents views on the "success" of this scheme, with a view to extending it.

Any one who doesn't want to pay for the privelage of parking in their street or somewhere near it had better register their objection, as one vote in favour will outweigh 50 against.

Are they asking for the views of people not already in the scheme ? I am in it and it's a resounding success, reduced the number of students' cars and the Dore commuters who used our street as their ciry centre car park. Which means I can park in my street rather than a quarter of a mile away.

I don't know about other streets, but Pinner Rd has been circulated.

Are you seriously suggesting that people from Dore were driving to Sharrowvale and then walking into town, or catching a bus.

They might as well catch the bus in Dore.

Are they asking for the views of people not already in the scheme ? I am in it and it's a resounding success, reduced the number of students' cars and the Dore commuters who used our street as their ciry centre car park. Which means I can park in my street rather than a quarter of a mile away.

I live in the area around Hunters Bar that opted out of the scheme (on one of the roads right on the boundary) and the council delivered a survey last week asking if we would agree or disagree with being added to the scheme. The way in which the questions were worded implied to me that they want us to be included in the scheme, but personally I do not think it is necessary as other than during the school pick-up/drop-off times or very late at night I have always been able to park almost right outside the house without any problem.

'Dore' was a generic word for all the people parking in our street from outlying areas. Yes they did park in our street and walk/bus into the City Centre/University/hospital etc. After work it was impossible to find a space in most of the streets in my area. When my wife came home from work and needed the car in the evening I had to tell her the address where it was parked and she would do the same when she came back. That doesn't include the problems of the refuse lorry not being able to navigate various streets or the time a fire engine was unable to enter a street due to the levels of cars parked. So yes, it's now better.

I've noticed you hardly see the parking attendants any more.

A lot more people are parking without tickets in the pay & display areas.

I've noticed you hardly see the parking attendants any more.

A lot more people are parking without tickets in the pay & display areas.

Your concerns have been passed on to Parking Services. The Planners are already in discussions with them regarding enforcement in this area.

I live in the area around Hunters Bar that opted out of the scheme (on one of the roads right on the boundary) and the council delivered a survey last week asking if we would agree or disagree with being added to the scheme. The way in which the questions were worded implied to me that they want us to be included in the scheme, but personally I do not think it is necessary as other than during the school pick-up/drop-off times or very late at night I have always been able to park almost right outside the house without any problem.

Residents on one of the roads that originally opted out at Hunters Bar have petitioned the Council to opt into the scheme, that's why they're asking you again.

I speak to Parking attendants on a weekly basis in our road, and on the telephone. I have been informed BY THEM that they have been told to be more leniant on parking infringements. For example, cars without permits partly parked in permit only bays are not being fined. On Sharrow Vale Road 'Loading Only' bays are being parked in by permit holders all day long, causing severe traffic congestion. They are never fined.

To everyone who reads this thread. If you have received a parking survey form PLEASE complete it and return it. The residents of our street have kept copies of our forms and will be monitoring the councils statistics to ensure that this time they actually take notice of our opinions and recommendations (which were wholly ignored before the scheme was implemented).

Filled mine in but I really don't think it will make a difference.

There's hardly ever more than one free space on our road.

Even when you do get parked, you're blocked in by food delivery lorries and bin lorries for 20 mins at a time.

Filled mine in but I really don't think it will make a difference.

There's hardly ever more than one free space on our road.

Even when you do get parked, you're blocked in by food delivery lorries and bin lorries for 20 mins at a time.

Oh come on, I'm afraid this is a pretty trivial gripe.

Bins are only collected once a week and it's usually early in the morning. Delivery lorries might block the road once in a while - Ive only had to wait 5 mins once in two years - but if they aren't boxing you just in reverse and go out other end of street.

I speak to Parking attendants on a weekly basis in our road, and on the telephone. I have been informed BY THEM that they have been told to be more leniant on parking infringements. For example, cars without permits partly parked in permit only bays are not being fined. On Sharrow Vale Road 'Loading Only' bays are being parked in by permit holders all day long, causing severe traffic congestion. They are never fined.

Sorry I don't believe this. Most authorities instruct the Parking Attendants to issue tickets if a full wheel and the boot or bonnet is illegally parked. The Loading Bay is for exactly that, and vehicles parked from / to which there is no loading / unloading activity are likely to be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice.

Again - I would advise all drivers to check the signs and lines - and comply with them.