Who Should I Vote For?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should I Vote For?

• UK Independance Party
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green Party

There is an election coming up and I have never actually voted before which admittedly has been very wrong of me when you consider all the sufferjets and those who died and fort in wars etc to give people like me the right to vote and live in a country which has a democracy so the least i should do is make the effort to vote, anyhow my dilemma is deciding who i should actually vote for?

After looking on all the partys websites & without stating all my opinions, I would say on the whole they are not right wing like Labour and The Conservatives nor are they extreme left wing like the Lib Dems and the Green Party, that is if my understanding of their policies in general is correct from their policies stated on all the political party's websites?

I would say i am somewere in the centre, so this leaves the UKIP which I know very little about other than their opposed to Europe according to their website but doesn't state their policies on any other issues which matter to me more such as crime, education, NHS, state benefits, taxation, environmental concerns etc oh and I also know Kilroy has supported 'em if my memory serves me correct .

All I do know is that I would never vote BNP because of their websites like Redwatch and the violent and intimidating attacks by some BNP supporters on some Jewish friends of mine when I lived in North London which is the reason I have left them out of the poll, nor I do wish to discuss this or BNP further on this thread, thankyou.

So would any of you forumers be willing to help me or convince me to vote for any of the political parties stated in the poll? because after doing my research I am now thinking........ well if there is no political party which even comes close to my opinions or beliefs etc then is there any point in me making the effort and voting? but if you think there is then why and who should I vote for?

Thankyou in advance (hopefully!)

There is an election coming up and I have never actually voted before which admittedly has been very wrong of me when you consider all the sufferjets and those who died and fort in wars etc to give people like me the right to vote and live in a country which has a democracy so the least i should do is make the effort to vote, anyhow my dilemma is deciding who i should actually vote for?

After looking on all the partys websites & without stating all my opinions, I would say on the whole they are not right wing like Labour and The Conservatives nor are they extreme left wing like the Lib Dems and the Green Party, that is if my understanding of their policies in general is correct from their policies stated on all the political party's websites?

I would say i am somewere in the centre, so this leaves the UKIP which I know very little about other than their opposed to Europe according to their website but doesn't state their policies on any other issues which matter to me more such as crime, education, NHS, state benefits, taxation, environmental concerns etc oh and I also know Kilroy has supported 'em if my memory serves me correct .

All I do know is that I would never vote BNP because of their websites like Redwatch and the violent and intimidating attacks by some BNP supporters on some Jewish friends of mine when I lived in North London which is the reason I have left them out of the poll, nor I do wish to discuss this or BNP further on this thread, thankyou.

So would any of you forumers be willing to help me or convince me to vote for any of the political parties stated in the poll? because after doing my research I am now thinking........ well if there is no political party which even comes close to my opinions or beliefs etc then is there any point in me making the effort and voting? but if you think there is then why and who should I vote for?

Thankyou in advance (hopefully!)

Is there no 'monster raving looney' candidate?

There's no point in voting just for the sake of it. I wouldn't bother unless you think what you're voting for is going to make a positive difference.

The more people don't vote, the more political parties will have to try to find out what they want out of government.

Left wing or right wing, most people want honesty instead of spin, and genuinely held convictions rather than rhetoric.

If we had proportional representation, I think I'd vote for the Greens, as they would not be running the economy, but having a small to moderate presence in parliament would put pressure on the government to act more decisively on alternative energy solutions.

Unfortunately, under our system, it wouldn't work. Parties either get into power, or have virtually no influence. Our democracy needs a big overhaul.

They do, even though Lord Sutch is dead. If I had a spare £500 for a deposit I'd consider standing for them, as I'd make more a difference that way.

(Plus they wanted 18 year olds to get the vote, just before they got the vote, so sometimes the other parties are just as loony!)

vote for the least worst, this is the best choice you have

they will all lie to you, they will all make pledges to do things then when they get in office they somehow won't manage to find the time for the promises you are interested in as they'll be busy sorting out the ones they are interested in and then it will be time for the next election

pick the one who is outspoken about issues that you are concerned about rather than the one who has just mentioned it because it came up in conversation, they might actually do something about the issue

don't fall for this crap about "a vote for any party that isn't labour or conservative is a wasted vote and will put the other party in", tactical voting is a way of keeping this a two horse race and is a con

vote according to your conscience

Vote for whoever you think will deliver the best policies for you. I can't tell you who to vote for cos what might be good vote for me might not be such a good vote for you. Read up on what each party has to offer and make an informed choice. Only you can decide who to vote for.