Where to get a bus pass?

Can somebody tell me Where to get a bus pass And how much i will cost?

Passes are issued at the information desk Sheffield Interchange, Pond Street. You can only get a pass if you meet certain criteria, like pensioner etc. Check with them.

If you are wanting a pass for free travel then you have to meet certain criteria such as disability. Free travel for pensioners requires you to produce your pension book and is for men over 65 and for women as follows. Anyone born in or before 1950 get free travel at 60. If you were born in 1951 (like me) then pension age is 61, 1952 is age 62 etc. Anyone born in or after 1955 then it is 65 the same as men:roll::roll:

go down the sheffield exchange on arundel gate thats ur best option

Free travel for male over 60's depends upon your birthdate. As the women's retirement age moves from 60 to 65 so that age at which a male can get a free bus pass changes.

A woman with birthdate of 29 Aug 1951 will reach state pension age on 6 January 2013 at which time they can obtain a free bus pass. A man with the same birthdate can obtain a free bus pass on the same date (6 Jan 2013) but will not reach state pension age until 28 August 2016 (i.e. 65 and 1 day).

Free travel for male over 60's depends upon your birthdate. As the women's retirement age moves from 60 to 65 so that age at which a male can get a free bus pass changes.

A woman with birthdate of 29 Aug 1951 will reach state pension age on 6 January 2013 at which time they can obtain a free bus pass. A man with the same birthdate can obtain a free bus pass on the same date (6 Jan 2013) but will not reach state pension age until 28 August 2016 (i.e. 65 and 1 day).

That is not correct as you have to produce your pension book to get free travel and I can get my pension book in April 2012, I was born on 5 April 1951. I can apply for it in September this year but won't get it until April. Someone born in August 1951 will be able to apply in March 2012

You do NOT have to produce a pension book, most senior citizens do not have a pension book as their pension can be paid straight into a bank account.

The enquirer did not state that he/she was of possible pension age.

Pension Books: These are no longer issued by the way - now extinct. You get a card now to slot into a post office machine or you receive it by direct debit. To get a Senior Citizens bus pass (which in Sheffield qualifies you for all buses in S Yorkshire, the supertram and certain local network rail services (Leeds for example) and you can also travel to Chesterfield, Bakewell, Matlock, Castleton and a few other places in Derbyshire FREE. You do not need a 'pension book' you do need the letter from HM pensions stating that you now qualify for your state pension and you need proof of your age - either birth cert. of passport.

Women born before 1 Jan 1950 get it at 60 after that date it is graduated up to around 1953 or so, you can check your pension age accurately to be certain using the calculator on the HM pensions website. Enter your date of birth and gender and it will tell you exactly.

Can somebody tell me Where to get a bus pass And how much i will cost?

All depends on what type of pass it is you are wanting you can buy passes of the bus drivers or online or you can go to any tsy info centre and buy passes there.

That is not correct as you have to produce your pension book to get free travel and I can get my pension book in April 2012, I was born on 5 April 1951. I can apply for it in September this year but won't get it until April. Someone born in August 1951 will be able to apply in March 2012

My hubby was born November 1950. He got his free pass in June, and didnt have to show a pension book, just prove his age

The enquirer did not state that he/she was of possible pension age.

Pension Books: These are no longer issued by the way - now extinct. You get a card now to slot into a post office machine or you receive it by direct debit. To get a Senior Citizens bus pass (which in Sheffield qualifies you for all buses in S Yorkshire, the supertram and certain local network rail services (Leeds for example) and you can also travel to Chesterfield, Bakewell, Matlock, Castleton and a few other places in Derbyshire FREE. You do not need a 'pension book' you do need the letter from HM pensions stating that you now qualify for your state pension and you need proof of your age - either birth cert. of passport.

Women born before 1 Jan 1950 get it at 60 after that date it is graduated up to around 1953 or so, you can check your pension age accurately to be certain using the calculator on the HM pensions website. Enter your date of birth and gender and it will tell you exactly.

It's graduated up to 1955 - I have checked on the website and maybe I was wrong about the book but I have been to the bus station when I turned 60 and you need proof that you are of pensionable age and as men don't achieve that until 65 then it stands to reason they can't get their passes until then

...as men don't achieve that until 65 then it stands to reason they can't get their passes until then

Although men don't get their state pension until they are 65 or older depending on their graduated age they can get a free bus pass when they are younger than that in accordance with the graduated women's qualifications. My husband was born in 1949 so was able to get one at 60 and just had to take his birth certificate to the bus station. Also both men and women over 60 can claim other concessions, certain season tickets, leisure activities etc.