The All New Islam & Muslims discussion Megathread

Reply to Grahame Q. " Is it not that they all follow the Koran?"

Does everyone follow the Bible or Talmud or Bagvat Gita etc..People are of all walks and lives and even those who claim to be 'religious' does not automatically mean they are following their religious sciptures word for word- some even interpret messages to their own desires in ALL faiths- and this is where corruption stems from- when you leave the basic teachings and follow wrongful ones.

Reply to Grahame Q. " Is it not that they all follow the Koran?"

Does everyone follow the Bible or Talmud or Bagvat Gita etc..People are of all walks and lives and even those who claim to be 'religious' does not automatically mean they are following their religious sciptures word for word- some even interpret messages to their own desires in ALL faiths- and this is where corruption stems from- when you leave the basic teachings and follow wrongful ones.

I am talking about Islam and you have been very clear in all you have said that the Koran must be followed and obeyed to the letter.

I am talking about Islam and you have been very clear in all you have said that the Koran must be followed and obeyed to the letter.

As have you about the bible, but you still manage to exclude the Mosaic Law bits in Exodus, Levticus etc. about how many times you can beat a slave or how to sell your daughter in to slavery. You can't have it both ways, Graham, if you allow christianity to ignore the bits of the bible it disapproves of, then you have to allow Islam to do that as well.

As have you about the bible, but you still manage to exclude the Mosaic Law bits in Exodus, Levticus etc. about how many times you can beat a slave or how to sell your daughter in to slavery. You can't have it both ways, Graham, if you allow christianity to ignore the bits of the bible it disapproves of, then you have to allow Islam to do that as well.

..again, well said.

It seems that all religions have selective memories when elements of that doctrine don't suit them.

The argument between Muslims and Christians here is becoming tedious as they become embroiled in arguments about the message rather than each individual's right to follow it.

If Bazooka wants to follow the Koran, then that's their business, and likewise if Grahame believes in the Bible, good luck to him. I believe in neither, but would defend their rights to do so.

You know as well as I do Wildcat that Jesus taught a New Law that replaced Judaism.

http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/mt/mt_04.htm

..again, well said.

It seems that all religions have selective memories when elements of that doctrine don't suit them.

The argument between Muslims and Christians here is becoming tedious as they become embroiled in arguments about the message rather than each individual's right to follow it.

If Bazooka wants to follow the Koran, then that's their business, and likewise if Grahame believes in the Bible, good luck to him. I believe in neither, but would defend their rights to do so.

You follow what you like boyfriday, but Islam is a bad, bad, murderous religion.

You know as well as I do Wildcat that Jesus taught a New Law that replaced Judaism.

http://www.ccel.org/contrib/exec_outlines/mt/mt_04.htm

St Paul I believe took the view that certain elements of Jewish Law could be ignored, as not applying to Christians only Jews, but he never went so far as to reject them. He was however the exception, the other accounts I thought were united in saying Jesus was a fulfilment of scripture not a rejection of Mosaic Law.

It may be your personal view that Mosaic Law can be ignored, but you aren't talking for the majority of Christian denominations when you do so. Which is the important point.

St Paul I believe took the view that certain elements of Jewish Law could be ignored, but he never went so far as to reject them. He was however the exception, the other accounts I thought were united in saying Jesus was a fulfilment of scripture not a rejection of Mosaic Law.

I'm not arguing Wildcat, Christianity is a message of love.