Vote lib dem in local elections?

Can I remind you of a quote from Mr Clegg

"The day before I was elected leader, Mr Cameron suggested we join them.

He talked about a “progressive alliance”.

This talk of alliances comes up a lot, doesn’t it?

Everyone wants to be in our gang.

So I want to make something very clear today.

Will I ever join a Conservative government?

No.

Will I ever join a Labour government?

No.

I will never allow the Liberal Democrats to be a mere annex to another party's agenda.

But am I interested in building a new type of government? Yes.

Liverpool 2008: Nick Clegg's Leader's Speech

http://www.libdems.org.uk/speeches_detail.aspx?pPK=3efdf716-ae50-4272-b6ea-a35066221880&title=Liverpool_2008%3A_Nick_Clegg%27s_Leader%27s_Speech

Odd that you missed the next line of the speech out:

"Based on pluralism instead of one party rule? Yes."

Which shows the real meaning rather than your rather sad attempt to quote out of context.

Still, the LDP did nationally:

a. join a Conservative government; and

b. become a mere annex to another party's agenda.

We don't have a Conservative government.

You really need to get your head around the idea of coalitions - it's not that difficult to understand.

very disappointed that no libdem rep was at the polling station today - had a 'what's it like to attend your own funeral?' line prepped.

looking forward to the libdem annihilation tonight, the decent enough libs who've gone from councillor suchabody to mr suchabody will, presumably, be a bit dischuffed - hopefully they'll go baying for clegg and alexander's blood - ideally lead to the fall of the gimp coalition whilst the tories are behind

I was the recipient of a 'vote lib dem' leaflet today.

are they<removed> joking?

who in their right mind would vote for the lying, duplicitous judases ever, ever, ever again.

They need wiping out as a minimum punishment

They need wiping out as a minimum punishment

if the opinion polls are correct they are being as we speak - 8-12% of the vote-green party/ UKIP territory. let's see the look on clegg's increasingly haggard face tomorrow, a bit different from the flirtatious cow eyed glances of 2 years ago as he was led by the hand by cameron towards his political execution.

can't wait.

if the opinion polls are correct they are being as we speak - 8-12% of the vote-green party/ UKIP territory. let's see the look on clegg's increasingly haggard face tomorrow, a bit different from the flirtatious cow eyed glances of 2 years ago as he was led by the hand by cameron towards his political execution.

can't wait.

I really hope so.

very disappointed that no libdem rep was at the polling station today - had a 'what's it like to attend your own funeral?' line prepped.

looking forward to the libdem annihilation tonight, the decent enough libs who've gone from councillor suchabody to mr suchabody will, presumably, be a bit dischuffed - hopefully they'll go baying for clegg and alexander's blood - ideally lead to the fall of the gimp coalition whilst the tories are behind

Dunno about that Frank,but there'll certainly be some sandal stamping going on.