Ex Wybourn school pupils

Went to school there 1960 -1970.

Do you remeber Mr Mullen the English teacher(senior school) or Mr Smith (Juniors) who was Rounders mad and used to throw balls to pupils during lessons .. just to help us practice catching!!

Also, do you remember the health clinic that was in the top yard just up from the caretakers house. Going to see the nurse and being sent home with a blue card if you felt poorly.

Yes TREK happy days, sometimes!

I've always thought how talented and brave those teachers were to have chosen to teach at our school.

I wonder how the likes of Mr Finch and Mr Riley, the science teacher, would go down in similar schools nowadays.

I remember Mr Finch throwing the board rubber at people who talked while he was teaching. Do you think it was true that he was in the army before entering the teaching profession?

He used to threaten pupils with a large brown, rubber ,babies dummy that he kept in a cup in the cupboard... if they sat with their fingers in their mouths they had to put the dummy in!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to wybourn, left school in 1968, left wybourn in 1976 never been back since , i did see alan finch at the reunion about 10-15 years ago,then was invited to a barbecue with jim geddes and ernest wild at his home, great bloke, and yes he was in the military police, south africa before joining wybourn, last i heard he had his own driving school, i have some fond memories of wybourn, did'nt do me any good in the furture though, still i kept out of prison,