Ex Wybourn school pupils

hi all

im looking for information on a couple of familes that lived on the wybourn in the manor oakes road/place/close area, i know think that they moved into the area when the estate was first built, and at least one of them lived on that estate for many years, one of the familes was Machin, and the other was Yeardley, its for my family tree, i just hope that someone can help me out

thanks

was the machins a family with 2 sons im not sure but they may be the ones that lived at 26 maltraners terrace.

Both my parents and their siblings went to wybourn school in the 60`s, the family`s were they Voyse`s and the Cox`s. They lived on boundary rd and Maltravers rd :)

any one remember betty jubb?

betty jubb is my aunty dennis morgan

me and your aunt was at school together

I was at Wybourn school from aged four and a half in 1955 until I left at 15. I was one of the Thompson twins (Denis) and my twin was Denise. My brothers George and Willis and sister Maureen also went there. Sadly we lost George a couple of years ago but all the others are still fine. I remember the teachers Miss Scott, Mr Mullen, Mr Smith, Mr Riley, Mr Lancaster and Mr Hart :help: Anybody remember any others?

Edited by denlin

in the infants there was 2 mrs halls mr knott was headmaster mr turvil in juniors mrs jenkins mrs wright who marred mr hart still trying to remember the old battle axe from the end classroom in the little huts

Regarding David Shaw,yes he did play for united in the '70s,lived on whites lane.Bothers Edwin and Rueben.

I left school,69/70.Names in my year.Barry hobson,bernard shirtcliffe,keiron carnall,sam deakin,terry murphy,georgie jubb,jonny betts,eddie ogden ,verdon voise,mark ramsden ,richard walker,kevin harper etc...janice young,val elliot,sue sheperd sue kirk ,stella,jane hobson etc........

HAPPY DAYS.btw,I'm one of the Teathers off saunders place/maltravers road.

I left in 1989 teachers I remember

Mrs Halliwell

Mrs Wilde

Mr pleasence

Mrs Bryers (Head)

Mrs Pratt

Ms Lovatt

Mrs Cave

Mrs Barrett

Mrs Clarke

Mr Fryer

Mrs Scoefield

Mrs Remmingington

Mrs Congo (office)

Good old days wish I was back!

me and your aunt was at school together

I remember a pete Zumwalt from Wybourn School.

Are you any relation ?

Denis Thompson

Saunders road

does anybody remember the dog ,think he was called rebel, that used to run in the playground quite frequently . this would have been in the 60s . all the kids would be screaming and running round , the dog would be barking and running round . it was bedlam .

does anyone remembergoing on a trip to a big country house , someone said it was miss halls parents .all i remember is going up the drive on the coach and seeing rabbits running all over the place and there were a load of steps leading down to the lawn and when we got to the bottom we had to take our shoes of before we could go on the grass. there was a room which had been made into a shop and i bought a minature cup and saucer and a teapot . my doll loved it lol ! i was in mr lancasters class and one day he got a plastic ball , one with those holes round the side , and started throwing it around for some reason , probably cos he was bored of teaching ! ,and he said to throw it to one another it wouldnt do any damage and to prove it he said he would throw it at the light fitting . he did this and promptly shattered the lightbulb all over someones desk. we were in hysterics as you can imagine ! the teachers i remember are mr jones music teacher. he was welsh ,all the girls liked him . mr riley science, miss bray ,art ,miss jenkinson ,pe, how i hated that lesson .

sorry ,got music teachers name wrong , it was mr jenkins . iv got a photo of him somewhere ,posing with some of the class.