Why isn't there a decent pub at Meadowhall?

Although I rarely venture out to Meadowhall, the good lady does enjoy the occasional visit and has at times prompted me to join her there. As I'd rather have my nipples attached to electrodes by a mad scientist I've always declined, but I'd be far more likely to go if, while she's shopping, there was a decent pub I could visit there serving a variety of real ales, showing football on TV screens and having a range of free papers and magazines. A sort of "man-creche" if you will.

Yet as far as I'm aware, no such place exists. Why on earth not - is it some part of the "family-friendly" ethos of Meadowhall that they won't allow the sale of alcohol there.

I feel sure that Wetherspoons - the most likely candidate - must have considered the idea of opening a pub there and there must be several vacant units in the current financial climate.

Why can't we have a real ale pub at Meadowhall - if not in the shopping complex itself then within reasonable walking distance of the transport interchange?

Now who wants to spend that much time in meadowhall Seriously lol

have you tried the carbrook just a short walk away its very nice!

Not much chance of them changing now.

Stick with the electrodes.

The tapas bar is good .A bit minty on the booze prices though.

Why not just go to your local? If you plan on going to the pub whilst she's shopping there's little point in going there and spending time in a bar at the Oasis.

I thought there was a family friendly pub in the Oasis near to the clock? Or am I mistaken?

Has that Pub gone that used to have the illuminated Bass sign?

Dont you think that there are quite enough idiots jostling around meadowhall without introducing alcohol in to the equation ??

It used to be called the Clock Tower, and was the closest thing to a pub you're going to get in Meadowhall. I remember years ago they had a couple of handpumps, I seem to recall having a pint of Theakston's XB in there once. The cask ale didn't last long though, and now its The Lounge, which is more of a sterile, soulless lager bar.