Vauxhaul Corsa C Water in Drivers footwell

Unfortunately my little Corsa has started leaking water into the drivers side foot well.

Well to be honest it's been happening for a bit but i haven't got round to sorting it!

I've done some research and it looks like the issue is down to rubber sealant near the break servo!

Supposedly this can be cured by stripping everything out and replacing the sealant or alternatively drilling a hole in the chassis to let it drain!

I work in IT and not with cars!

So can anybody help me with this or refer me to a good tutorial on how to sort it out!?

It's now a common fault on the corsa c. The pedal box should be ideally removed then resealed. Carpets removed and dried out. It's not a quick job as you can imagine.

Or the alternative is to clean the seam up as best possible where the servo is and attempt to run a bead of sealer around.

Any water trapped in the carpet will still cause condensation until dried out..

I have the same issue! Would be interested in any response you may get - getting fed up of having to de-mist my rear window every morning and having to keep a towel in the boot to wipe it dry.

Yeah it's annoying and it smells! >:-(

---------- Post added 12-11-2013 at 15:04 ----------

It's now a common fault on the corsa c. The pedal box should be ideally removed then resealed. Carpets removed and dried out. It's not a quick job as you can imagine.

Or the alternative is to clean the seam up as best possible where the servo is and attempt to run a bead of sealer around.

Any water trapped in the carpet will still cause condensation until dried out..

I want to get the servo box out but i'm sure i'll **** something up! Might try and run some sealer round the servo and on the inside!

I'll have a look this weekend!

Just wish there was someone who's done it before or knows about it who can help!

A common place is at the bottom of the windscreen, the water is supposed to run into drainage channels in the wings but they get blocked and it goes into the engine bay.

I've had a look there today! There's a big plastic cover at the bottom of the windowscreen i'll try and take that off at the weekend but it already has slits in the sides to let water through :confused:

Where about's should i be looking for the draining channels?

Son and daughter both have Corsas and both had same problem. Just Test Autos on Holywell Road fixed the problem at a reasonable price. I dried the foot well by sucking out most of the water with a wet and dry vacuum and dried further with a hot air gun.

Good luck.

Son and daughter both have Corsas and both had same problem. Just Test Autos on Holywell Road fixed the problem at a reasonable price. I dried the foot well by sucking out most of the water with a wet and dry vacuum and dried further with a hot air gun.

Good luck.

hi p2e. my son also has this annoying problem. glad to hear you got yours fixed. read some horror stories on internet on how much work and cost of same entails. rude I know but can you expand on what a reasonable price was. cheers.