Making a murderer (Netflix TV series)

just thought I'd put this on as a suggestion to anyone with a few hours spare.

Me and my missus watched it over the weekend and found it very addictive and a very good series, which there is only one, it can be found on the android box or similar as well as Netflix.

I'll put a link to trailer if anyone's interested.

---------- Post added 13-01-2016 at 21:30 ----------

I found it really fascinating, shocking at times. I didnt know anything about the case so forced myself not to google anything until Id finished watching it all.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey in the years to come.

Yes it was very good.

I managed too but my partner couldn't resist googling and did so at about episode 8.

Worth a watch if anyone's having a TV binge over the weekend.

I found it really fascinating, shocking at times. I didnt know anything about the case so forced myself not to google anything until Id finished watching it all.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Steven Avery and Brendan Dassey in the years to come.

Yes, me too. I ended up watching them all in a couple of days because I wanted to see it in order without knowing what happened to them.

---------- Post added 14-01-2016 at 14:19 ----------

I was just making my dinner but got a few minutes now.

I also highly recommend watching it especially if interested in law, but definitely don't google or wiki it though, watch it first.

I found it really fascinating, shocking at times.

Yes it was very good.

I managed too but my partner couldn't resist googling and did so at about episode 8.

What were your opinions nikki, and Mac + partner?

I'll copy my response to the person who recommended it. I'll put it in as a spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but fancies watching it.

Spoiler: (press Control+A) to read

ash: OK, finished this now. Very interesting. It's a very difficult thing to sum up on fb! One thing it highlights is what I've written before, about jurys - though this seems like the best/fair way to bring about a decision, I think it is laced with potential flaws, namely, the intelligence of the jurors (I don't mean necessarily in this case) but in general. I know people who have done jury service, who I wouldn't feel comfortable with them deciding on the most basic of decisions, let alone a complex case like this. As far as the programme showed, then it clearly shows so many dodgy details - the evidence having being found by Lenk and the other guy should really have been thrown out IMO (based on what we saw), the conflict of interest was as plain to see as anything. On saying that, the programme was obviously one-sided in favour of them (Averys) and it's difficult to come to a judgement based on this.

ash: I think it also showed the power of the media (and perhaps social media - which would certainly come into play these days) - even with jurys locked away, you can't hide anything these days so I fail to see how any jury could be impartial. I think they mentioned that briefly about the jury having already made their minds up before it started - and this was what 10 years ago. If you delve into things in legal cases there are probably hundreds/thousands locked up or unfairly in the USA, here, or anywhere. I thought the comment at the end by a chap who mentioned about money and legal defences which I thought summed up the whole 10 eps in 1! If you look at how good Strang and Buting were, you can see why they cost so much.

response: So do you think he/they did it?

ash: Based on what we saw in the programme, then I couldn't instruct guilty as a juror. I thought some key things swayed me - the lack of any blood or DNA anywhere in the trailer or the garage (main one), and the random blood in the car with no other DNA or girl. What about you?

response: 'spoke about the evidence not shown in the doc, but basically no'

ash: Seems reasonable. I thought the boyfriend was very odd, but so were most of the people on it, so can't think any more about than that. I wasn't really watching it wondering who did it, I was more concentrating on whether or not they did, and it seemed extremely doubtful. I think in this country (or that country with an impartial judge) the court would have had to thrown out the whole case based on all the mishandling by the local sheriffs dept. I doubt those two (Brendan/Steven) could have tidied up an empty house, let alone clean up DNA evidence and all the rest.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts Mac, Partner and Nikki :)

Edited by *_ash_*

Watched 3 episodes last night with the missus. Gripping stuff...although the missus says the forensics is a joke.

Watched 3 episodes last night with the missus. Gripping stuff...although the missus says the forensics is a joke.

Glasgowoods, don't be tempted, or let the Mrs be tempted to look up how it turns out.

I don't mean because I thought it was entertaining, but because I think it is important that you try and watch it as they made it to be watched (i.e the stuff in the spoiler which you can read later :D ). Reading about these people online will alter your thoughts as you watch it, I think. Trying to be impartial is vital to watching this, I'm sure.

My friend told me not to look it up and I was tempted but didn't because I trust them!, especially after Ep4 or 5 (I can't rem which), but it was good advice. I'm glad I didn't look it up now.

I think by the time most people watch this, they will have heard the outcome, so make you sure are one of them :hihi:

don't watch ep4/5 unless you have the next hour/s spare btw :)

This had me doing my best Brian Blessed at the telly.

Poor Brendan. :rant:

Did you finish it GLASGOW?

This had me doing my best Brian Blessed at the telly.

It was interesting.